Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the weather here in mid-Michigan has been in the 40's and the roads clear and dry , decided to take the old girl out for a quick spin down to the gas station . Car hasn't moved since October, and boy you could tell... the 3.6 lifters were all complaining ,clackerd like a diesel for 1/4 mile, then the evic tells me all the tires are low, ( even though I topped them off) then says my fob is low, and the car shimmied just awful due to the 20" tires were all flat spotted from sitting . But by the time I got to the station, where I got a compliment from the guy on the other side of the pump from me, the engine was back to normal and the evic settled down (no warnings) and the tires loosened up, and all was right with the world. God how I missed driving this car. Unfortunately winter is not over so back in the garage at least a couple more weeks. But I got my fix! This is a addiction I can live with:smileup:

·
12,989 Posts
I think a lot of people here want to do what you just did, its been a long miserable winter. Anyway today is the first day of spring!! LOL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
took mine about 25 miles to town and back vdot was actually out filling potholes now just got to worry about gravel and tar in certain areas grass is turning green

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
So glad you got your fix.....I still gotta wait a bit.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well the weather here in mid-Michigan has been in the 40's and the roads clear and dry , decided to take the old girl out for a quick spin down to the gas station . Car hasn't moved since October, and boy you could tell... the 3.6 lifters were all complaining ,clackerd like a diesel for 1/4 mile, then the evic tells me all the tires are low, ( even though I topped them off) then says my fob is low, and the car shimmied just awful due to the 20" tires were all flat spotted from sitting . But by the time I got to the station, where I got a compliment from the guy on the other side of the pump from me, the engine was back to normal and the evic settled down (no warnings) and the tires loosened up, and all was right with the world. God how I missed driving this car. Unfortunately winter is not over so back in the garage at least a couple more weeks. But I got my fix! This is a addiction I can live with:smileup:

Great to hear you got your car out a bit early. :smileup: I haven't had mine out since early Nov. Going to start her up this weekend, as the weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 50s. I won't be taking her out for a spin though. Too much salt still on the roads.

Just FYI, with the low tire pressure, you may want to consider getting nitrogen put in them. I had this done when I first got my car, and till this day, have not had low tire pressure. Its a plan I got that cost me $75 dollars a year. If anything happens, like tire leaking, they fix it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mine is dirty again. The Monte nearly stranded me 25 miles away from work today so the Challenger will be toughing it out until I can get to the ignition switch on the SS.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Winter driving blues

Just a small taste of spring is good! Had to take my baby yesterday to install Solo cat back exhaust.(About 25 mile ride) That put a nice big smile on this grumpy winter worn face. Come on spring

1 - 9 of 9 Posts