Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to have some emblems made for my half covers. I tried to contact Nate without any luck. Is there another source for these?
Thank you

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
2,818 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,872 Posts
Yes, this is the site I sent a couple emails to him on. No return. It's been three days. Generally hear back from business's by then. I've seen his

work and like it. Just need to place an order. It does say on his home page to give him a week....:4-dontknow:
Give him a few more days and if you don't hear anything, try him again. It's not his full time job. It's only a part-time side job for him. He usually replies in a day but sometimes it takes him longer...at least that's what happened to me in the past. He's good and a bit pricey but really worth the wait. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yeah, give him some time, your not going to find anyone else that does as good or better. He has made two sets of half covers for me (different times), a steering wheel badge, and a dash badge and I have been super happy with all of it, but it's not next day service. Which I don't expect it to be, and don't mind when the product is custom made to my liking...

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, give him some time, your not going to find anyone else that does as good or better. He has made two sets of half covers for me (different times), a steering wheel badge, and a dash badge and I have been super happy with all of it, but it's not next day service. Which I don't expect it to be, and don't mind when the product is custom made to my liking...
:smileup: I agree. Plus it's going to be -7 here this week in Detroit. No hurry.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
2,818 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out what badges to put on mine...and the best way to mill off the '392' without scratching the surrounding plastic.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Use a dremel tool. That what I used, but make sure you tape up the sides really well.
Did you use a de-burring bit or a flapper roll (sand paper)?
Was thinking about a random orbital with 80 grit.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I believe I used the sand paper bit, I do remember that it ran through it pretty quick, just be aware that it causes buildup (melted plastic) that you have to break off from time to time. Make sure to put the tape on real thick around the edges so you don't nick them when removing the numbers/letters.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe I used the sand paper bit, I do remember that it ran through it pretty quick, just be aware that it causes buildup (melted plastic) that you have to break off from time to time. Make sure to put the tape on real thick around the edges so you don't nick them when removing the numbers/letters.

Great tip here! Thanks

Are you guys just replacing the "392" and leaving the "hemi"?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I replaced everything, I think it would just look weird with a part badge/ part plastic "HEMI". My badge is the one in my signature (done like the 1970's T/A engine call out decal)

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I replaced everything, I think it would just look weird with a part badge/ part plastic "HEMI". My badge is the one in my signature (done like the 1970's T/A engine call out decal)
I agree. It would look weird. Why don't they make a 345 hemi half cover with molded letters??
Yours looks sweet. Did you just tell Nate what you wanted or are those "stock" he made?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
No, I gave him pictures and my own ideas for the design. He then emailed me the design I wanted. But, if your not a 100% sure what you want but have some ideas, he will make up a few different designs and let you pick one if you like it.

I would suggest looking at his web page to get some ideas and then tell him what you like, you can combine any one you've seen or add something completely different (like I did), it's your badge make it what you want.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
When I first had a badge made from him, I didn't know exactly what I wanted so I gave him some ideas and this is what he sent me. I just want to show how creative he can be with what ideas you give him.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I had Nate make a Dash Badge to replace my Challenger Dash Badge. I designed it and he made it just the way I wanted...

I just received 3 extras that I ordered in January, but you do have to contact him as a reminder, and he'll do the best he can to turn it up..

But, I had 3gcustoms cut some lines into my Half Covers & cut in the MOPAR name.
They sent them to me as bare metal, so I could paint and continue with the my design I created.

Enjoy the RIDE..

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had Nate make a Dash Badge to replace my Challenger Dash Badge. I designed it and he made it just the way I wanted...

I just received 3 extras that I ordered in January, but you do have to contact him as a reminder, and he'll do the best he can to turn it up..

But, I had 3gcustoms cut some lines into my Half Covers & cut in the MOPAR name.
They sent them to me as bare metal, so I could paint and continue with the my design I created.

Enjoy the RIDE..

Very nice!!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
This thread just made me realize that I needed to order a pair of half cover for when my Shaker arrives. I just ordered a pair of 3g half covers. I went with plain, no cut outs and I will paint them Hemi Orange when they arrive. I am also painting the front grill surround Hemi orange as I like the look of the new Shaker cars...

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
When I first had a badge made from him, I didn't know exactly what I wanted so I gave him some ideas and this is what he sent me. I just want to show how creative he can be with what ideas you give him.

nice! i like the bottom most image

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.