Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the YouTube video on installing the Oracle Halo Lights and noticed they wanted you to put your light assembly in the oven . . .

Has anyone baked their lights? And sounds pretty risky to me. Also, I take it there's no way around removing the front end to get to the lights to install the Halos, right?

·
Registered
614 Posts
From what I have seen, baking the Challenger lights is a royal pain. Most people are using a dremel to cut them open.

One other option for me anyway was to purchase another set of aftermarket headlights (make sure you get the correct Halogen or Projector lights), and bake those open (my aftermarket set came apart pretty easily) and install your rings into them. This way you still have your OE headlights if you ever want to switch back. I know it's a little more money to do it this way, but it worked for me.

As for removing the front bumper cover, this is the way to go and from what I have seen it's pretty easy to do.

I have the Halo's installed in my new headlight's but have not had time to install them on the car yet.

Just my 2 cents..... Good luck.

·
801 RWHP
8,515 Posts
Well. I bought the prebuilt ones. Don't know if I can name them here so pm me if you are curious. They are being installed as we speak. Since my front end was gonna be off for SC install I decided to do them now.
They use your factory bulbs in their prehalo'd housings. I had to order the fogs separate. They don't come prebuilt. So will be attempting to bake those. Haven't seen the end product yet as I don't pick my car up until Friday. But that is where I stand atm. I'll post pics of them here after I get it back and tell ya what I think. Also having them prewire the fogs for me while front end was off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts