Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! To those that have oracle halos, did you guys hook them up to a switch? If so, where did you guys install the switch?

I visited some sponsor sites and they was out of stock on them. Anyone know where to find red flush mount oracle switch?

Thanks in advance for any help provided. It's greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,

DJREDLINE

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,456 Posts
I have oracle halos, but they are hooked to a remote multifunction receiver mounted on a brace just under the access panel on the passenger side near the headlight. Channel A controls my headlight and fog light halos while Channel B controls my underhood lighting and lower grille lights.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Halo

Thanks for the reply my friend. I'm having halo headlights and fog lights installed next week. I'm thinking I would like to have them on a switch in case one goes out ect.......

And I can't find those switches on the sponsors website.

Did I read you was going to the Gatty meet?

Cheers,

DJ

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,456 Posts
Did I read you was going to the Gatty meet?

Cheers,

DJ
Sorry, not going to make it this year, although I had signed up. My wife's work has frozen leave due to a new computer system being implemented. She was heartbroken, and I dont feel I would have a good time without her. Definately in 2016!

·
801 RWHP
8,515 Posts
Well my halos are being installed this week an I'm having the switch mounted in front of my shifter. On the center console. This way if I ever want to take em out for whatever reason I can just buy a new console instead of trying to fix my dash somewhere.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Halo

Anyone know where to buy the switches?

Do most of you all put them on switches?

Many thanks,

DJREDLINE

·
Registered
501 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the links. That was the first site I went to. How does the momentary switch work with halo lights. I was looking for on/off example thinking that's what I may need. I have since found some on amazon and summit racing.

I assumed momentary switches would be needed? I'm not sure how they work.

Thanks for your help.

DJREDLINE

·
Registered
501 Posts
The switch I have is an on/off switch. It lights up red, same color as my halos, when I turn it on. That way I don't forget to turn them off before driving as red is illegal to drive with in Texas.

·
801 RWHP
8,515 Posts
So DJ I know I posted where I mounted my switch, but now have a pic of it so you can get a better idea. Mounted here for ease of removal if I don't want it anymore. Just buy a new center console instead of a new dash. Plus the switch can be left on. Halos come on upon start up and turn off at shutdown. Then I can just turn them off if I use my headlights and such. Which I don't do too often cause I don't like driving it at night that much. Bugs and such. lol.

20140606_222746.jpg

Attachments

·
801 RWHP
8,515 Posts
Damn. I was so excited getting it back today that now looking at the pics, I have some interior detailing to do. Lol. Just focus on the switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts