Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that you can no longer Build-Price the Harmon Kardon Audio along with the NAV system on Dodge.com....can only have 1 of those options...not both.

Any ideas whats going on there?

I ordered an RT Shker on JAN 31, with both....wondering which one I WONT get?

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Seems to me if you ordered both and your order was accepted you should get them both. Otherwise seems like they should have let you know or given you the choice!

Off topic question but color did you get? We wanted to order a Shaker car but once we realized Hemi Orange nor Sublime Green were available we bailed and I ordered a Shaker hood for our R/T.

It could be that they changed the order combo AFTER you ordered and you will get both. If not, hope for NAV as you can upgrade the audio on your own as I am doing now. I have the Boston Acoustics and for the cost of the option, if the HK is the same, trust me, you won't be missing much!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...seems odd....But you use to be able to pick both options in the build and price...now you cant....makes me wonder. Of the 2, I hope I get the NAV....I've been hearing alot of negative talk about the Karmon system.

The car I ordered...still shows both in the Tracking System....

·
Registered
16 Posts
OMGosshhh! Drop to your knees right now and pray you don't the ginormous POS that is the HK.. I have been to hell and back with Chrysler just to get an update and it's still not right.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
It's a sham what they charge for the "upgraded" systems in these cars. Ours had the SG II option which is the Boston Acoustics system with a total of seven speakers including a 8" sub in the rear deck. Wow, what a joke. Fortunately for us the car already had this option as the car was just sitting on the lot, had we ordered the car and actually paid this "option" I would still be pissed a year later.

As it turned out we were able to get quite a bit off sticker so to me it didn't matter, the only thing I wanted was the 730n head unit as I wanted NAV and the largest hard drive. Anyway, I have since replaced all the speakers with Kicker brand speakers and installed the Mopar/Kicker trunk mounted sub that has it's own 200w amp, it's not cheap but it fits nicely and it sound AWESOME! Kicker brand speakers are fairly inexpensive and sound AMAZING!

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
It's a sham what they charge for the "upgraded" systems in these cars. Ours had the SG II option which is the Boston Acoustics system with a total of seven speakers including a 8" sub in the rear deck. Wow, what a joke. Fortunately for us the car already had this option as the car was just sitting on the lot, had we ordered the car and actually paid this "option" I would still be pissed a year later.

As it turned out we were able to get quite a bit off sticker so to me it didn't matter, the only thing I wanted was the 730n head unit as I wanted NAV and the largest hard drive. Anyway, I have since replaced all the speakers with Kicker brand speakers and installed the Mopar/Kicker trunk mounted sub that has it's own 200w amp, it's not cheap but it fits nicely and it sound AWESOME! Kicker brand speakers are fairly inexpensive and sound AMAZING!
I got the optional Kicker system in my '09 SRT. When I play it, it sounds great - virtually no distortion with great range - but I usually listen to the engine and not the radio (HEMI Music! LOL!).

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the 2014 Shaker Challenger, #77 and I got both the nav and the harmon kardon 7.0. The sound is incredible, love that radio system and have had zero issues with it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The upgraded sound system I had in my 2010 SRT was so-so. The big problem I had with it was that you could not adjust the subwoofer directly. I wanted to change it to cutoff around 60Hz with an 18db crossover as it was way too boomy. It must have been set at 120Hz or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.