Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer says you can't, I did it on my 2011, and I see people talking about having done it to their 2013's. Anybody get the fog lights to work on their 2014 SXT ????

Thanks;
Scott

·
Registered
350 Posts
They haven't changed the front fascia since '11. I see no reason the same kit won't work in a '14.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,096 Posts
I believe you can't get the computer to recognize them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They haven't changed the front fascia since '11. I see no reason the same kit won't work in a '14.
I believe you can't get the computer to recognize them.
Matt, yes the parts will FIT, but can the car still be programmed to work them? You would think so, but keep in mind that I also installed the remote start kit on my 2011 SE, and you CANNOT put the mopar remote start kit in this 2014 SXT.

Orange Crush, I have gotten an email from someone who works at a dealership, who is a vendor another car website. and he feels it can still be done. I'm calling a nearby dealer to try to have it done, I'll let everyone know how I do...

Thanks to you both for your responses.

Scott

·
Registered
29 Posts
no problems in a 2014 SRT core.

All OEM parts and a reflash for the car to recognize them

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
no problems in a 2014 SRT core.

All OEM parts and a reflash for the car to recognize them
Does the automatic headlight feature work too or just the fog lights when you operate the switch manually? Putting in a set of fogs is something I'm considering doing on my Core.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Didn't know they might have away enabling fog lights, but it's not surprising.

They disabled the auto headlights years ago. You had to replace the sun sensor with one form an R/T, but assuming to you the foglight switch, they could flash it to work. But they removed the option just after I did mine.

I'm one of the last folks I know who got the auto headlights turned on... Don't understand Chrysler sometimes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The headlights come on automatically when ever I turn the switch to auto even in broad daylight.

I think the auto part is in the switch but the car doesn't have the daylight sensor installed so it thinks its dark outside all the time.

In the hidden menus where you can adjust the auto settings it registers full dark (255) on the scale.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your posts......

Okay, last Friday I picked up the parts, 2 fog lamps, 4 screws, and the headlight switch with the fog light switch, installed them this weekend, and had them turned on at a dealership today. Same as I did in 2011 when I installed them in our 2011 SE.

I can't believe that my dealer's service dept. didn't know how to do this. I know Dodge doesn't sell the fog light "kit", so they think it can't be done?

Anyway, it's done, they work, so no excuse for anyone to be driving around with those crappy black "blanks" in the front fascia!!

Scott

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dodge dealer just called dodge/Chrysler to confirm that you can fit the remote start on a 2014 SXT, part number 82212610AB. I was told by them at first it wouldn't work but it does and guarantee it works, 2 hours on an install. They also confirmed that the fog lights will fit but the wiring/electrical system is different and should have a kit out soon.

Matt, yes the parts will FIT, but can the car still be programmed to work them? You would think so, but keep in mind that I also installed the remote start kit on my 2011 SE, and you CANNOT put the mopar remote start kit in this 2014 SXT.

Orange Crush, I have gotten an email from someone who works at a dealership, who is a vendor another car website. and he feels it can still be done. I'm calling a nearby dealer to try to have it done, I'll let everyone know how I do...

Thanks to you both for your responses.

Scott

·
Registered
10 Posts
what were the part numbers used? I really do want to get some installed.

Thanks

QUOTE=leadwiper;951893]Thanks everyone for your posts......

Okay, last Friday I picked up the parts, 2 fog lamps, 4 screws, and the headlight switch with the fog light switch, installed them this weekend, and had them turned on at a dealership today. Same as I did in 2011 when I installed them in our 2011 SE.

I can't believe that my dealer's service dept. didn't know how to do this. I know Dodge doesn't sell the fog light "kit", so they think it can't be done?

Anyway, it's done, they work, so no excuse for anyone to be driving around with those crappy black "blanks" in the front fascia!!

Scott[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
what were the part numbers used? I really do want to get some installed.

Thanks
2 fog lamps: #5182025AA
4 T20 torx self-tapping screws: 6506579AA
1 Headlight switch w/fogs switch: 68189148AA

There is nothing different about the 2014 Challengers, now the 2015's is probably what they are talking about. I did this exact same thing on my 2011 SE, no kits then, and I doubt they are going to put one out now for the 14's. Weird because it's such an easy upgrade, dealers should love it, quick, easy, money.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dodge dealer just called dodge/Chrysler to confirm that you can fit the remote start on a 2014 SXT, part number 82212610AB. I was told by them at first it wouldn't work but it does and guarantee it works, 2 hours on an install. They also confirmed that the fog lights will fit but the wiring/electrical system is different and should have a kit out soon.
Did they actually put the remote start in the car yet? Let us know when it's actually in the car and working.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
for those doing this install do yourself a favor and run the screws into the bracket and back out before you install them in the bumper.

This cuts the threads in the bracket. If you are doing this without the benefit of a lift it will make your life easier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Didn't know they might have away enabling fog lights, but it's not surprising.

They disabled the auto headlights years ago. You had to replace the sun sensor with one form an R/T, but assuming to you the foglight switch, they could flash it to work. But they removed the option just after I did mine.

I'm one of the last folks I know who got the auto headlights turned on... Don't understand Chrysler sometimes.
I added oem fogs to my '13 sxt. Dealer had to manually add sales code. Presto, auto headlights.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks, great info. My newly acquired '14 SRT8 Core will be getting fog lights too. Is the required wiring/connectors there, or will I have to add something?

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,096 Posts
Thanks, great info. My newly acquired '14 SRT8 Core will be getting fog lights too. Is the required wiring/connectors there, or will I have to add something?
If you buy them from Steve White Motors on there website and not ebay,use the code CHA1 for a 10% discount.Give them the vin. and he will add it to your car.Then install and take to a dealer to activate them.

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
1,947 Posts
^^^ that's what I did on my 2012 sxt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts