Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 did not come with the auto start feature, have any of you added that feature, and if so was it through a dealer or aftermarket?

Thank You! :) Ry

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
How did you end up NOT getting it? I thought only the M6 came without it. For obvious reasons.
-John

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,552 Posts
How did you end up NOT getting it? I thought only the M6 came without it. For obvious reasons.
-John
It was part of my 28M package (R/T Classic). Other packages may include it, but it's not included in the Challenger R/T base build.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine had the Performance Pages with the Super Track Pack, and the Crimson/Black seat interior, but did not have the remote start, it would be nice to have that feature.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-John
I bought mine used, one previous owner, so it had some things I really wanted and the remote start at the time was just not in the thought process, I know it can be added by a dealership service department, if I trusted them to do it. I've been stung by the service department I bought Black Beauty from so I don't trust them anymore. That is why I change my own oil now after I had bought an oil package from them. I cannot tolerate someone that lies straight to my face when they've been caught. Ry

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,688 Posts
I had my OEM unit installed at an FCA Dealer. Cost about $500. Works great, no issues. Definitely worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had my OEM unit installed at an FCA Dealer. Cost about $500. Works great, no issues. Definitely worth it.
So you got the control unit, and 2 new key FOBS, and the service department had to program your ECM to recognize the new Remote Start, sound correct?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I know most auto repair shops and even electronic stores around me will install a remote start system, but it scares me to death to let anyone splice into my wiring to put one in and I wouldn’t even think about letting a dealer do it. My charger had one that a local shop installed for the previous owner, I didn’t have any problems with it for the 8 years I owned it.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,688 Posts
So you got the control unit, and 2 new key FOBS, and the service department had to program your ECM to recognize the new Remote Start, sound correct?
Yes. $290 for the unit and $175 for the install, plus applicable sales tax.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I had the factory one installed on my 2010 R/T. I would have passed on it if I had noticed it didn't have it, as it turned into a major deal. But I never had any problems with it once it got successfully programmed, unlike the many aftermarket ones I had in other vehicles. EVERY one of them had something happen to them, usually on the coldest of days. he lifetime warranty most of them have is a must. The Viper one in my Ram needed to have the CPU or whatever it was called replaced 6 times in less than 5 years.

Reactions: TITANIUM and RyzRT

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had the factory one installed on my 2010 R/T. I would have passed on it if I had noticed it didn't have it, as it turned into a major deal. But I never had any problems with it once it got successfully programmed, unlike the many aftermarket ones I had in other vehicles. EVERY one of them had something happen to them, usually on the coldest of days. he lifetime warranty most of them have is a must. The Viper one in my Ram needed to have the CPU or whatever it was called replaced 6 times in less than 5 years.
Thanks!

Reactions: 10HORT and TITANIUM
1 - 13 of 13 Posts