Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i own a srt8 6.1 2010 challenger iam.always having p0168 and p0138
And the car just be weak and not stable please can anyone help what to fix or where i start

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
fuel injectors, oxygen sensor.

Reactions: MIDNITE RT

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Also time to do a little maintenance on it. A Saturday morning job.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,717 Posts
Hi i own a srt8 6.1 2010 challenger iam.always having p0168 and p0138
And the car just be weak and not stable please can anyone help what to fix or where i start
P0168 - Fuel temperature too high.

Possible causes:

Fuel tank temperature sensor circuit has a bad connection.
Faulty fuel tank temperature sensor.
Fuel tank temperature sensor wiring harness is bad (open or shorted).
Bad fuel.

Did you buy fuel at your regular station or some other station off the beaten path?

P0138 - O2 sensor voltage too high (bank #1, sensor #2).

Possible causes:

Short to battery voltage in O2 sensor signal circuit.
Faulty O2 sensor.
High fuel pressure.

Generally the SOP is to read the codes, then clear the codes, and follow this with a road test of the car and see what codes come back.

However if the engine is not running right the error codes need to be investigated without any further ado.

In both error codes shorts in electrical equipment is listed as a possible cause. Any chance mice have been at the car and its wiring?

Not much you can do on your driveway. Believe the above codes and the fact the engine is not running right means you need to get the car to a qualified tech for a professional's diagnosis.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
784 Posts
Bad Battery, Alternator Bad, PCM Bad? check battery Connection First and date of the Battery, Check the vin for recalls here...

If there is any electrical Recalls try to get with local dealer on getting those addressed a.s.a.p. but be aware parts shortages are hitting hard .|

Start simple common factor the Battery, Check Alt Wires as well make sure its all buttoned up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts