Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the jba shortys should i use there bolts or just get the 6.1 hemi bolts from mopar ??? Not looking to tighten every few months

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
I use the 6.1's been good throw away the JBA "gaskets" and run the 5.7 or 6.1 gaskets and buy yourself a 10mm flex head gear wrench !!

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
Header bolts do have a tendency to loosen. I just saw an add by a company that makes header bolts that won't loosen. Trouble is I can't remember the name of the company. Dammitt............I'm not much help.
Do a search.....header companies are notorious for supplying lousy bolts.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Header bolts do have a tendency to loosen. I just saw an add by a company that makes header bolts that won't loosen. Trouble is I can't remember the name of the company. Dammitt............I'm not much help.
Do a search.....header companies are notorious for supplying lousy bolts.

Stage 8 Locking Header bolts.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
This is my second set of JBA Headers on a 5.7 Hemi, like everyone else said pick up some brand new OEM Gaskets. On both sets I have run the JBA Bolts, never had them come loose.. HHP Installed this set for me, the Tech just used the supplied lock washers..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thanks guys ill be using the jba bolts and oem gaskets . with a lil locktight as well .. thank you guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts