Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone ever had problems with their headliner. I have a problem with mine and I'm very conservative with the interior. The problem is were the headliner is glued to the top of the car in the middle towards the back of the sunroof. It caused the rubber trim around the sun roof the comedown and the trim by the top of the doors to fall behind it. Idk I'm pretty sure this is a assembly flaw. Has any one ever had this problem before. Does the dealer cover this on the warranty.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,482 Posts
Hey has anyone ever had problems with their headliner. I have a problem with mine and I'm very conservative with the interior. The problem is were the headliner is glued to the top of the car in the middle towards the back of the sunroof. It caused the rubber trim around the sun roof the comedown and the trim by the top of the doors to fall behind it. Idk I'm pretty sure this is a assembly flaw. Has any one ever had this problem before. Does the dealer cover this on the warranty.
There are various posts here about that. The repair should be covered under your 36 mo./36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a rattle in my headliner by the driver side. I took it to the dealer and they said its the amp I have installed for my speakers is making that noise. I dont believe that because the rattle is too loud. The amp is screwed down. I will have to remove the amp and make another appointment to prove them wrong. This shouldnt happen to a 3 year old car with 24K miles on it.
Hopefully you get your headliner issue fixed.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
The understanding is they want to take the windshield out to replace it. Do your homework.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They don't have to do much I will post a pic up it's just sagging a little and coming out of the trim. They shouldn't have to take the wind shield off. Then again if that's what they got to do then that's what they got to do.

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
They don't have to do much I will post a pic up it's just sagging a little and coming out of the trim. They shouldn't have to take the wind shield off. Then again if that's what they got to do then that's what they got to do.
Yeap...many have had this done under warranty and the SOP is remove the windshield.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think my head liner needs to be replaced just remounted but I wouldn't want to break the factory seal on the windshield just for that

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
I don't think my head liner needs to be replaced just remounted but I wouldn't want to break the factory seal on the windshield just for that
They will not do that from all the post I've read...they go by the Chrysler playbook and just change the whole thing out.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts
Don't worry too much about breaking the factory seal on the windshield. Had my windshield replaced by Safelite, and absolutely no problems at all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I took it to the dealer on Thursday, and they told me they were going to take pics and then order the parts. Long story short they tried to re glue it back up and told me they were replacing the headliner. I get the car and their is glue on my headliner and my passenger seat head rest. I flipped out now their are ordering new one. My question is what should I do because they guys tried doing a bullshit job and not following the Chrysler playbook.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So I took it to the dealer on Thursday, and they told me they were going to take pics and then order the parts. Long story short they tried to re glue it back up and told me they were replacing the headliner. I get the car and their is glue on my headliner and my passenger seat head rest. I flipped out now their are ordering new one. My question is what should I do because they guys tried doing a bullshit job and not following the Chrysler playbook.
What dealer did you take it to? I recommend for you to go to jack phelan dodge. Its a small dealer but they really pay attention to their customers compared to those big Dodge dealers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took it to river oaks dodge they are horrible. That was my first experience with them and my second bad story from them (my grandmother had a problem with them before ) let's just see how they correct the issue I will keep you updated

1 - 15 of 15 Posts