Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And...I didn't like it at all..I was all set to buy one,now I want something else. The corsa is way to quiet. at idle and low rpms it sounds almost stock..no rumble at all..when it's floored it has a raspy sound...so now it's between a local shop modding or zoomers or mbrp..I like the orginal exhaust tips on the srt8..the quad thing looks like JC whitney stuff...so what to do...

·
Registered
874 Posts
I ordered the MBRPs, I thought the CORSAs were a bit more exotic than the muscle, plus the MBRPs gain in horses aint too bad either.
Lisa at BMCPerformance has some good info and nice video of the MBRPs, of a couple of drag runs and some idling.
Scott.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course each person likes a different sound but you are saying this is too quiet ?

Watch the whole video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxNSMBwovKk&eurl=http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=31113&highlight=Corsa+sounds
I was actually in a SRT8 with corsa exhaust yesterday...the owner did think it was the sound he wanted either..the idle and slow cruise is very close to stock,only when pushed hard does it make more agressive sounds,and then it's higher pitched raspy sounded...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check out the Magnaflow competition series, sounds very nice .

http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=31033

I had a MBRP cat-back on my Dakota and it rusted out in 2 years, this was their supposed stainless steel muffler, sounded really good but didnt last worth a dam.

I have a Magnaflow cat-back on it now and comparing both the Magnaflow is way better made, uses better clamps and fit alot better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Exhaust

And...I didn't like it at all..I was all set to buy one,now I want something else. The corsa is way to quiet. at idle and low rpms it sounds almost stock..no rumble at all..when it's floored it has a raspy sound...so now it's between a local shop modding or zoomers or mbrp..I like the orginal exhaust tips on the srt8..the quad thing looks like JC whitney stuff...so what to do...
I have the corsa on my 08 SRT8. I agree on the sound it is a little quite and not much louder than stock. I do have a drone at 40 mph. I would not want to have this drone any louder. I have talked to people who own other model cars and said they had to buy another exhaust because the drone was destructive to your ears. So I am keeping the corsa. I do have to disagree with the tips comment. The complete Corsa system is 100 % first class quality.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the corsa on my 08 SRT8. I agree on the sound it is a little quite and not much louder than stock. I do have a drone at 40 mph. I would not want to have this drone any louder. I have talked to people who own other model cars and said they had to buy another exhaust because the drone was destructive to your ears. So I am keeping the corsa. I do have to disagree with the tips comment. The complete Corsa system is 100 % first class quality.
I didn't say corsa tips are bad,the systems that have 2 individual pipes per side look cheap to me..I really think the stock chrome tips are very nice..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I didn't say corsa tips are bad,the systems that have 2 individual pipes per side look cheap to me..I really think the stock chrome tips are very nice..

The problem with those square tips is that they cause that flap sound that I hate, my 71 demon does the same thing.

Listen to that dyno run with the Magnaflow competition series, sounds awsome :smileup:

·
Dodge Challenger Forum
1,669 Posts
One word, Zoomers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Happy with my Corsa. I like the rectangle tips as well. Not to loud and sounds good to me under heavy acceleration. No drone that I can hear. Im not 18 anymore and Im not looking to have the loudest car on the block. Id buy them again but then again I have not been able to hear another SRT8 with differnt cat backs in person.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I have the 09' SRT 8 with the Corsa exhaust, I bought it because there was no drone and it worked excellent for the performance modifications from HHP. I prefer to be able to carry on a conversation and listen to the Kicker Sound System than listen to an overly noisey exhaust. My exhaust lets everyone know when I kick it in the azz. As for the tips, I hate to tell you this but the factory tips are crappy. They are chrome clip ons over the unpolished metal. When I saw them off my car I was floored about how cheap they were. The tips on the Corsa are solid polished stainless steel, not like the chrome tin on a vacuum cleaner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an SRT8 with the corsa system & I love it. Corsa has almost zero drone & you can feel the performance even on the low end. Those are two traits that are missing from most all other exhaust systems.
R Day

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
I ordered the MBRPs, I thought the CORSAs were a bit more exotic than the muscle, plus the MBRPs gain in horses aint too bad either.
Lisa at BMCPerformance has some good info and nice video of the MBRPs, of a couple of drag runs and some idling.
Scott.

I have heard Lisa's car in person and sounds awesome with the MBRP:smileup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I still have stock exhaust on my 08 SRT Challi. I found though that with my Viper which does have a Corsa exhaust that by doing a full CAT delete along with the exhaust mod made it deafing loud under acceleration and it picked up about 20hp as well. If you do something radical like that you will need a custom fuel system to prevent to lean a condition especially if you go SC. You will also need simms to trick the PCM into thinking the CAT's are there and functioning properly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just put Zoomers on my R/T and I like the sound. I also have the Corsa on my Viper with the high flow cats and its a totally different sound than my R/T. I also have a Heart Throb on my Hemi Ram and it is loud in 1st,2nd and 3rd but hardly noticable crusing at highway speeds.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just put Zoomers on my R/T and I like the sound. I also have the Corsa on my Viper with the high flow cats and its a totally different sound than my R/T. I also have a Heart Throb on my Hemi Ram and it is loud in 1st,2nd and 3rd but hardly noticable crusing at highway speeds.
Try a CAT delete on your Viper with that CORSA, you'll need ear plugs. The flames shooting are cool though :) Careful not to start it next to a dry leaf pile. What CATS you got on the Viper, Random Tech high flows? I used to until I cut them out. The sound was good but just not loud enough. I almost eliminated the CORSA exhaust and went straight pipe when I removed my CATS but wifey said it was to loud when I started my Viper without the exhaust while doing the CAT delete. I'm fast too on the VCA forum. Drop a line.

·
Premium Member
20,314 Posts
Snake you put Corsa on the new SRT8 yet
Not yet, I really am taking my time this go round and like the way it sounds now for a few more miles. Just have 600 miles on it now!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went with the Zoomers!

After listening to and watching a lot of video, as well as hearing Magna-Flows and Corsas in person I chose the Zoomers. Personally I like the sound better. If I am driving an SRT8 I want to hear it, that's why I have that car!! I am going to do some before and after video to compare the difference after the install. I will also say that Frank and Ron at Zoomers are first class, and they gave us a hell of a deal on the group buy!
I am hoping to install mine in a week or so. I have to wait for some good weather to run the car and take some video for the "before" clips. I am in north-eastern Ohio and my car is not going to see the salt and snow......ever! I am stoked to get it done though so it will be hard to wait!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Try a CAT delete on your Viper with that CORSA, you'll need ear plugs. The flames shooting are cool though :) Careful not to start it next to a dry leaf pile. What CATS you got on the Viper, Random Tech high flows? I used to until I cut them out. The sound was good but just not loud enough. I almost eliminated the CORSA exhaust and went straight pipe when I removed my CATS but wifey said it was to loud when I started my Viper without the exhaust while doing the CAT delete. I'm fast too on the VCA forum. Drop a line.
No cats is a bit too loud for me. I was over there but I never get anything out of the search button over there. I'm KERS-VPR PM me over there, I don,t have enough posts here to pm you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts