Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows if Chrysler plans to produce the Hellcat in 2016 and beyond....or is it just for one year only?

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Pretty sure that it will be around for at least a few years, I don't think they would have spent all that money and time on development to only do a one year deal. Plus they certainly have given no indication that this would be a one year only run, so I think we will see it around at least until the end of the current generation Challenger.

Reactions: 09ChallengerDad

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,977 Posts
Agree. It would make no sense to put the time and effort into the development, sell it for that price and stop after a year...

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Nothing of the kind has been mentioned by my contact, but I'll specifically ask about that.
I believe Ralph said that they expect their market to be "the 5% that want more performance". I'm sure they don't expect sales numbers to rival SRT8s, but I can't imagine going to all of the trouble/work/cost to produce a "one year only" model and terminate it before they recoup their R&D investment.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows if Chrysler plans to produce the Hellcat in 2016 and beyond....or is it just for one year only?

Susie - are you trying to save your pennies????

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,744 Posts
Yes I could not imagine it being a 1 year car. You should have a couple of years to get one.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Susie - are you trying to save your pennies????
Actually...yes. My husband and I are contemplating selling one of our Classics to purchase a Hellcat. But if production will continue on this incredible Mopar, I'm betting the HP will go up in year two or three.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
JMOHO here, but if I was a 'marketing guy' working for DODGE I'd tell them to keep the Hellcat in production for at least two years after the Mustang and Camaro downsize to the new platform with the turbo V-6's.
There may come a day when the Hellcat is the only affordable true V-8 muscle car available......That alone may inspire current haters to jump over to DODGE and say goodbye to Ford & Chev...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts