Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Wonder if they'll allow employee pricing on the Hellcats? I'm guessing no, but they didn't allow it on SRT's at first and then opened it up to SRT's later on. Might help knock off another $3-5K if it's available.

·
Registered
640 Posts
65k is way way way lower than I thought if this article is true..

To be honest that would be an awfully tempting price if somebody were in the market to upgrade to the 6.4 already. Don't get me wrong an additional 15k is a ton of money but..

Now how to convince the wife that a 707 HP car makes TOTAL sense to own.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Exactly. What can I sell, pawn, and mortgage to get the money for a Hellcat and then how do I convince my wife that it's a very practical "family" car since it has a backseat! What if the kids are late for school, we can take the Hellcat and get them there before the bell rings! :)

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
I will wait for Chrysler's official pricing so many rumors about this car. Not that I am buying one anyway.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Haha yeah, $60K or $80K, doesn't make much difference to me. I'll never be able to afford one, not at this point in my life. But it'd be cool if $60K was the real price since it'd be lower than the ZL1 and GT500 and makes more power and is faster down the 1/4 mile as well.

10.80's from a factory produced car with a warranty and only drag radials is just downright mind-blowing!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
Haha yeah, $60K or $80K, doesn't make much difference to me. I'll never be able to afford one, not at this point in my life. But it'd be cool if $60K was the real price since it'd be lower than the ZL1 and GT500 and makes more power and is faster down the 1/4 mile as well.

10.80's from a factory produced car with a warranty and only drag radials is just downright mind-blowing!
I guess it is official, lower than I expected good for them.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I guess it is official, lower than I expected good for them.
There will be taxes (gas guzzler) added to consider too. Plus options such as NAV, sunroof, 8-speed auto tranny too. Add all that in and we'll be looking at @$70K .

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
This just rocks! I way overestimated what the MSRP would be for the hellcat. Looking at some other posts with recently released information, it looks like Mother MOPAR is actually trying to drive sales on all models by giving great value (as in additional goodies / options) for a great price. If I didn't love the car I have I'd be seriously thinking about a trade for an upgrade...the prices look good!
No, I still can't swing the Hellcat right now.......

·
Registered
104 Posts
plus the $10-15K dealer mark up, yah, $75K! minimum. The SRTs had a $10K markup initially, the GT500's had a $10K mark up, the Boss had a $10K, the Z28 had a $20K markup and the new stingray is a minimum of $10K mark-up. Let the dust settle, and you'll pay less than sticker at the end of the build year.

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
There will be taxes (gas guzzler) added to consider too. Plus options such as NAV, sunroof, 8-speed auto tranny too. Add all that in and we'll be looking at @$70K .

The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat – the most powerful and fastest muscle car ever – with power and performance figures once reserved for exotics, has a starting U.S. MSRP of $59,995 (excluding $995 destination, includes $2,100 gas-guzzler tax; $1,700 gas-guzzler tax on models with the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic).

Confusing way to put it but the gas tax is included in the 59k yes?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have talked to two dealerships and neither one said they would do a mark up on the Hellcat. If you price out a Shelby with all the goodies it is $67,000, The ZL1 Camaro with all the goodies is $77,000 and the Z-28 is $87,000 roughly. So I bet when you add on the goodies to the Hellcat it will be close to $70,000.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have talked to two dealerships and neither one said they would do a mark up on the Hellcat. If you price out a Shelby with all the goodies it is $67,000, The ZL1 Camaro with all the goodies is $77,000 and the Z-28 is $87,000 roughly. So I bet when you add on the goodies to the Hellcat it will be close to $70,000.
I think you're spot on. Car is $62,690 with gas guzzler (8 speed) and destination charges. Add in sunroof (not me), upgraded stereo, nav and upgraded leather and I think you're at close to $70K. Get those deposits in to dealers charging no markup and I bet you could have one in September. Now if I could only get a substantial down payment ....

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
hmmmmmm.......for sale one GWE SRT8 with 11000 miles!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just told my wife about it starting @ 60000. She said with all seriousness..."Do you want one?" She didn't even say "Well...if you think we can afford it" afterwards. Then we had that dreaded talk that every rational man with children and or a house payment says..."I'd like to have one but...we need to pay off the house" and "we've got three kids to think about (college and what not)." Unfortunately, I had to turn her down, even though, the price is very tempting. Surprisingly it came down to color choices. Originally, I wanted the sublime, but it looks pale in the videos I've seen and I only want what I want. So, I made a deal with her. If they decide to produce a Hellcat GWE T/A model with flat black hood and rally stripes I'd be all over it! Then my kids can find a job to help pay for expenses..I mean they are 6,4, and 1 =)...and my mortgage isn't THAT much that we would be strapped for cash, so, kudos to dodge for making it relatively affordable. I thank you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I heard the Hellcat was 60,990 including destination charges and the RT 392 Scat Pack was cheaper than last years SRT Core at 39,490. I think the Hellcat is a good deal compared to the Shelby and the Z28.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts