Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hard to pinpoint where exactly this "rumor" came from but a simple Google search of srt hellcat horsepower rumors gets you this lovely view

Several websites all sporting the same video first posted back in April from The Fast Lane Car on Youtube. Could be the source of the rumor but where did they come up with the 640-680 hp numbers? Anyway, so then I kept searching and came across this article from TorqueNews explaining why we have yet to hear any official numbers, it's essentially a game of chicken!

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Horsepower is a Game of Chicken with Ford

Now at least I have some sort of understanding of why they haven't released any specific numbers. I can understand wanting to keep the buzz going for as long as possible, but I always figured there was more to the story! Think I'm gonna email Dodge and be like, "Come on buddy... you can tell me. I can keep a secret!" :D

·
RWHP=463.3 RWTQ=456.1
2,340 Posts
About the 666hp thing, I seriously doubt it. Remember the 1980's brouhaha over Procter and Gamble's Moon and Stars logo and the crazy talk about Satanism? Why would Fiat/Chrysler risk damage to its brand and unwanted publicity? It would be like pokin' the Rotweiler

·
Registered
402 Posts
About the 666hp thing, I seriously doubt it. Remember the 1980's brouhaha over Procter and Gamble's Moon and Stars logo and the crazy talk about Satanism? Why would Fiat/Chrysler risk damage to its brand and unwanted publicity? It would be like pokin' the Rotweiler
That was in a different time. In today's atmosphere it would do the opposite and make it MORE popular

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
My question is What do a person do with all that power? Me, thinking where would I drive that car? My insurance will be moon high, I probably get numerous speeding tickets, but I know its a guy or gal on here like when does it drop?

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
My question is What do a person do with all that power? Me, thinking where would I drive that car? My insurance will be moon high, I probably get numerous speeding tickets, but I know its a guy or gal on here like when does it drop?
LOL ! You can never have too much power, guns or money. IMO :ura1:

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
LOL ! You can never have too much power, guns or money. IMO :ura1:
LOL The last two posts made me think of this "Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money to get me out of this"

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
A very interesting article and I do love all the comments especially the "Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money to get me out of this", LOL! :smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts