Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want a Hellcat hood, but don't want to buy a Hellcat Challenger? We're making a fiberglass version of it and you can reserve yours now. No payment required until it ships! If you wish to pay up front, we'll issue you a $100 discount. ETA is approximately 2 months.

ORDER: Speedlogix Fiberglass Ram Air Hellcat Style Hood 08-15 Challenger

Much like our original hood, the new Hellcat style has a functional scoop with a ram air kit that you can bolt to the hood, or you can omit the ram air kit (if you need additional clearance for a positive displacement supercharger).

Features:
- Fully Functional Scoop with Ram Air
- Cool Air Enters Open Front Air Scoop and Directs To Engine Compartment
- Hand Laid Fiberglass
- Smooth Gel Coat Finished Both on Top and Bottom Sides
- Reinforced Metal Latch & Hinge Plate For Additional Safety
- Direct Bolt-on Using OEM Hardware

Here are some photos showing the factory Hellcat hood as an example of what ours will look like:

Reactions: SRTAndy

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
That is a really good price!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
OMG, Lisa! Gotta save my monies from My retirement job! I love that hood! :leghump:

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
Went to start the preorder process to see what colors are available or will be and at no point was I able to pick or see any color options.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Went to start the preorder process to see what colors are available or will be and at no point was I able to pick or see any color options.
This is from Speedlogix's facebook post "it comes in a white gelcoat finish ready to prep and paint." For that price it's a great deal I just need to figure out if I want to go with the Hellcat hood or the SRT 8 hood.

Take it easy
Jay

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
They come in a gelcoat finish you will need to get it painted locally in the color of your choice.:smileup:

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Like it, but I'd like it more without the side vents.

·
2,470 Posts
Like it, but I'd like it more without the side vents.
Yeah I hear you there I was all set to pull the trigger on the 2015 SRT 8 version of the hood so now I'm debating what to do.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
I like it as is of course, but since hood pins are required I am not so sure. Can someone photoshop this hood with some pins installed?

·
2,470 Posts
Unfortunately I couldn't get hood pins on it but I did take a stab at blacking it out in GIMP. My guess is if you added black hood pins you'd barely see them. I tried lifting hood pins from another picture but was never happy with the way it looked with my novice post processing skills.

Take it easy
Jay

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Reminder about the preorder

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Reminder about our pre order!

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Lots of preorders, if you are wanting to have one from the initial run, get your order in!

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
That's a good deal on the hood. Are they ready for paint ?
They come in whiteline gelcoat finish which is ready for paint prep, primer and paint. We have made our ram air hood for a few years and this is being made for us by the same manufacturer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts