Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Funny you should post this. Let me tell you why I say that. I have been reading on some other sites of people who just can not stand what Dodge has done saying all kinds of really stupid (read as sour grapes) things about the Hellcat. The drag strip times are fake...It is made from junk leftover Fiat parts....a super snake or a sledgehammer vette is the fastest most powerfull production car....a GT500 or ZR1 Camaro is so much cheeper and there is no way this car can compete on any track that isn't perfectly straight. You have to know you have really hurt some other brands loyalist feelings when you hear this hilarious stuff!!:D

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I'd love to take a Hellcat 6-speed around Watkins Glen and Pocono tracks!!! :smileup:

Dan, you know just as much as I....haters will hate. :shakehead:

:smiledown:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're just jealous..... :) And they have every right to be!!!

Reactions: 09ChallengerDad

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
Funny you should post this. Let me tell you why I say that. I have been reading on some other sites of people who just can not stand what Dodge has done saying all kinds of really stupid (read as sour grapes) things about the Hellcat. The drag strip times are fake...It is made from junk leftover Fiat parts....a super snake or a sledgehammer vette is the fastest most powerfull production car....a GT500 or ZR1 Camaro is so much cheeper and there is no way this car can compete on any track that isn't perfectly straight. You have to know you have really hurt some other brands loyalist feelings when you hear this hilarious stuff!!:D
oh.....what do they know, they drive Fords and Chevy's :i_rolleyes:

It's just human nature to find fault with anything threatening, especially if deep down you would rather have it over what you have LOL

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Awesome video....would have loved to see the instrument panel going through those gears. I imagine he was using the "Red" key fob.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm really looking forward to people's reactions when this beast is set loose in the wild. Oh how the butthurt will flow.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Here's the funny part.....
The video is from Media Day. An SRT Vehicle Dynamics Engineer is driving the Hellcat. He seems to be confident, but cautious (and rightly so - it's an expensive machine under his butt, and you don't want to wreck one on "media day").
I noticed in the scroll menu on the right on the Youtube site, a video posted of a ZL-1 Camaro at PIR..... same track, but the Camaro doesn't have the "obstables/guides" of the marker cones on the track, so the driver (who appears to be pushing that car pretty hard) has a clearer track to drive.
Now, with note made to the disparity in skill level of the drivers, watch the two videos and using the start-finish line of the track for each car, check the lap times (using the clock on the progress bar in the video).
I had the Hellcat (with a much more conservative driver AND a passenger) turning a 1:32 lap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpGdPIkSL3k,
and the LZ-1 driver turn a 1:30 lap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz4Fmcp1L9M
If the same driver took both cars around the track, what do you suppose the results might be? :gy:
The fan-boys may want to weigh their words a bit more cautiously, lest they be proven to be slower than the "junk - leftover parts Fiat" on a road course. What would getting beat by "junk" do for their car's status? :hah:

Yes, I know, act with class, dignity, yada yada yada.... Some people just don't have enough sense that any of those matter and you can only impress your point with a good old-fashioned ass-stomping.

·
12,990 Posts
Nice video Andres, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Here's the funny part.....
The video is from Media Day. An SRT Vehicle Dynamics Engineer is driving the Hellcat. He seems to be confident, but cautious (and rightly so - it's an expensive machine under his butt, and you don't want to wreck one on "media day").
I noticed in the scroll menu on the right on the Youtube site, a video posted of a ZL-1 Camaro at PIR..... same track, but the Camaro doesn't have the "obstables/guides" of the marker cones on the track, so the driver (who appears to be pushing that car pretty hard) has a clearer track to drive.
Now, with note made to the disparity in skill level of the drivers, watch the two videos and using the start-finish line of the track for each car, check the lap times (using the clock on the progress bar in the video).
I had the Hellcat (with a much more conservative driver) turning a 1:32 lap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpGdPIkSL3k,
and the LZ-1 driver turn a 1:30 lap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz4Fmcp1L9M
If the same driver took both cars around the track, what do you suppose the results might be? :gy:
The fan-boys may want to weigh their words a bit more cautiously, lest they be proven to be slower than the "junk - leftover parts Fiat" on a road course. What would getting beat by "junk" do for their car's status? :hah:

Yes, I know, act with class, dignity, yada yada yada.... Some people just don't have enough sense that any of those matter and you can only impress your point with a good old-fashioned ass-stomping.
DANG!!...Says I have to spread some around......:doh::smileup:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm a Dodge lover and have a 14 Shaker Hemi and hope to have a hellcat however the video sound when the hellcat gets up in the rpms does not sound good. Like a metal on metal sound? I don't know who the driver is but he does not seem to be pushing the car very hard especially near the beginning of the video?

Am I expecting too much or is my hearing bad?

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I'm a Dodge lover and hope to have a hellcat however the video sound when the hellcat gets up in the rpms does not sound good. Like a metal on metal sound?

I'm not crazy about the exhaust sound either. I heard it in person and it sounds "tin canny" to me. :smiledown:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I'm a Dodge lover and have a 14 Shaker Hemi and hope to have a hellcat however the video sound when the hellcat gets up in the rpms does not sound good. Like a metal on metal sound? I don't know who the driver is but he does not seem to be pushing the car very hard especially near the beginning of the video?

Some sounds are unique to "screws", others to heavy duty brakes, and still others could just be sound distortion from recording in a loud environment.
The driver is probably a member of the media (Dodge did a "media day" not long ago) and is getting professional instruction on how to make his lap times better. I wouldn't be pushing the car too hard until I had more input from a pro on adjustments to my line (entry, exit, throttle and braking points, etc).
Honestly, it all sounds like sweet music to my ears. :smileup:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Excellent videos guys! Love the the new dash and the sound of the 6.2 with the supercharger is fantastic.....performance was very nice as well!

As far as the hate goes, they have been bashing the Challenger for at least 6 years now so why stop now, LOL!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts