Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when Dodge will officially release actual numbers for the SRT Hellcat Challenger?
I mean pricing, actual horsepower/torque ratings (saying over 600 does not count lol) etc.
I know they said they would start selling in the third quarter of this year? But why haven't they released numbers yet? When do they typically let this information out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Does anyone know when Dodge will officially release actual numbers for the SRT Hellcat Challenger?
I mean pricing, actual horsepower/torque ratings (saying over 600 does not count lol)
Oh it's over 600+ bub lol :gy:

No idea though! I'm trying to patiently wait just like you! As much as I want to know the HP, the real number I'm interested in is the price tag! :att:

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
Soon, stay tuned was their answer on a recent web chat session as to when the actual numbers would be released. So I don't think anyone has an official date yet.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,558 Posts
Dodge said ordering would start in Summer and pricing would not be announced until then. Expect specs sometime before that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't get too excited this will be a case of Chrysler being the Target and Camaro and Musting shooting it down.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
The HP has to be legit, I read somewhere that the SC is boosting 11.8 psi. Some serious forced induction! My guess is somewhere in the 625-640 range.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Don't get too excited this will be a case of Chrysler being the Target and Camaro and Musting shooting it down.
QFT! As Chrystler has been the first to announce their SRT super car, I bet Ford and Chevy might up the ante. Hope I am wrong on this.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
I really hope that the hellcat tops the list in horsepowers!

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you guys looking for braggin' rights will remember, both the Camaro and Mustang under weigh the Challenger by a pretty significant amount.That will count a lot at the track for heads up drag racing I think. With all three cars making over 600 hp, traction will be a prime factor on who will win the drag race.

·
Premium Member
21,612 Posts
It's gonna be a fine car and all I've heard is pricing and specs are coming in the summer..

I will be looking at three things, the pricing, then hp and importantly the gas mileage.
Pretty good chance from what I'm hearing is I won't be able to afford one. :wow:

·
Registered
64 Posts
1/2 inch fuel lines from the tank to the engine! It was stated that you could literally drain the 18.5 gallon fuel tank in 13 minutes at wide open!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1/2 inch fuel lines from the tank to the engine! It was stated that you could literally drain the 18.5 gallon fuel tank in 13 minutes at wide open!
Okay stupid question here but... isn't that a really bad thing? Isn't that basically showing us that the mpg ratings are going to be much worse than the already terrible mpg ratings of the 6.4's, which are bad enough to warrant a $1000 gas guzzler tax? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
64 Posts
We should know pricing within the next three weeks. Believe the order books are going to open up around the 9th of July. I am going to toss out that the pricing is probably going to be 70K for a fully loaded out. 65K on the low side. Of course the gas mileage is going to suck, but that is not what you buy this car for..its the power and speed. Take the Civic to work, and use the Hell Cat for the weekend runs.....

·
Premium Member
21,612 Posts
This is the latest info I've seen.

2015 order banks open: July 9, 2014

Last day of production for 2014 Challenger SRT: May 30, 2014
Last day of production for 2014 Challenger SXT and R/T: July 4, 2014

2015 production launch: July 21, 2014
2015 production launch (Hellcat): TBD

2015 sales Launch: September 1, 2014

Reactions: wyo.hemi

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anyone been to a dealer to "get on the list" to order one yet?
I just stopped by my dealer to say to my sales guy I am for sure ready and he told me call him Monday morning and he would have as much information as possible.

CAN'T WAIT!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can order Soon

My salesman told me to contact him 7/7/14 and looks like order banks are opening up on the 7/9/14 won't be long now, this is dam exciting.:SHOCKED:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts