Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all the rumors floating around, this should put them all where they belong.....

"BERKLEY, MI- Dodge CEO and President Tim Kuniskis seemed to have two things on his mind when unveiling the 2015 Charger SRT Hellcat Wednesday in Metro Detroit.

Obviously, the first was to unveil the all-new 707-horsepower vehicle. The second was to quash reports of the company only selling a limited amount of Hellcat models, which Kuniskis views as halo vehicles for the century-old brand.

"That rumor about the 1,200 cars really upset a lot of people," he said Wednesday during the unveiling of the 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat at Vinsetta Garage in Berkley. "I want to get as many of the cars out on the road, I want to get as many people talking about Dodge and excited about Dodge as possible.""

Read more here:

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2014/08/dodge_ceo_charger_and_challeng.html

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good find T!! It only makes sense that they want to SELL this car - and a lot of them. I can't see any other way to keep the price where DODGE has set it.
That's what I've been saying all along Jon- it's a bad business model to put all that R&D into a product and not recoup the investment. Even if they don't sell large numbers of Hellcats - the idea of looking at one will get people in the door and hopefully into a Dodge vehicle that suits their needs.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
That's what I've been saying all along Jon- it's a bad business model to put all that R&D into a product and not recoup the investment. Even if they don't sell large numbers of Hellcats - the idea of looking at one will get people in the door and hopefully into a Dodge vehicle that suits their needs.
This what was said along time ago, they will make as many as they get orders for.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Yep. Mark Trossell was saying that production wouldn't be limited at the Mopar Nats last weekend as well as he was showing off his Hellcat.

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
I know tim keeps saying that yet, all these rumors keep coming out about crazy low numbers!

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
This excellent , I was talking to two Dodge dealers here in Denver and both kinda said under their breath these will be limited numbers,I argued with them , because why would they spend so much money on R/D and then only do a few cars...........REALLY!!!

Great post I will spread the news

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
As this becomes public knowledge, it should shorten the amount of time that certain dealers will have to markup the price for the Hellcat.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
As this becomes public knowledge, it should shorten the amount of time that certain dealers will have to markup the price for the Hellcat.
I hope you're right, Art. But we all know that we seem to always have more info than most of the dealers, and many will probably convince themselves that they can gouge "ad nauseum" based on ignorance. That's okay, though... Just do a little "shopping" to see which dealerships are adding DMAs before laying any money down . While the dealers with integrity are selling Hellcats, the gougers can sit with their hands in their (empty) pockets. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
I hope you're right, Art. But we all know that we seem to always have more info than most of the dealers, and many will probably convince themselves that they can gouge "ad nauseum" based on ignorance. That's okay, though... Just do a little "shopping" to see which dealerships are adding DMAs before laying any money down . While the dealers with integrity are selling Hellcats, the gougers can sit with their hands in their (empty) pockets. :smileup:
I'm sure it won't take too much convincing on the part of some of those dealers either Bob but like you said be smart and do some shopping.One should educate themselves when it comes to laying out $ 60 - 70 K. If you don't well then you deserve the petroleum jelly.

·
Registered
233 Posts
He may have taken several deposits on them but he has not ordered any yet. Dodge has not opened up the order banks yet.

·
Registered
567 Posts
^ right. I meant to say he'll be processing 7 orders at MSRP. Not to say they're already active build orders. The point I was trying to make is NO MARK-UP.
If there is no limit to how many they will make, why would you pay MSRP for an order car? I wouldn't pay over invoice for a car that is only going to sit at the dealer's lot long enough for me to come get it. Unless the dealer talks really nice to me and asks me to leave it for a while so they could show it off.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,567 Posts
Not to dampen any spirits and I don't know if it's true but one of the reputable vendors for the car show down here this weekend told me they were told that the Hellcat would not come out until early next year for some reason.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
If there is no limit to how many they will make, why would you pay MSRP for an order car? I wouldn't pay over invoice for a car that is only going to sit at the dealer's lot long enough for me to come get it. Unless the dealer talks really nice to me and asks me to leave it for a while so they could show it off.

I think I will just WAIT & SEE how this thing plays out... :gy: And, you are right about "why would you pay MSRP for an order car?" ...:str:

Let's look at it from another perspective:
Limited amount of Hell Cats mean limited amount sells & limited amount of money for the manufacturer to make... And, as Tim Kuniskis said: They tried to price the Hell Cat for the average MoPar Enthusiast, because they WANT LOTS OF THEM ON THE ROAD. :SHOCKED: :wow: :smileup: :smileup: :smileup:

That I can hang my hat on!!!
It's the dealers we have to WORRY about.:str::4-looney::shakehead:

Enjoy the RIDE...

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Which HellCat would you really wait for?

The first HellCat was a REAL Lifesaver:

The second HellCat was every adolescent boys dream, and maybe a lifesaver too:

The current HellCat is every mans dream, it might be a lifesaver for those same boys that are now men:

The other two Hellcats can hurt you bad.

But, this one can kill you if you don't know what you are doing, plus it can break your heart if you don't have one, and it will have you day-dreaming or wishing for one until you do something about it !!!

I am sure it not only bites, but it will leave a mark (be careful).

Enjoy the RIDE...

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Hopin' that Dodge will build as many as demand requires and therefore fewer dealers will mark them up.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I noted the historical connection to the WWII Navy fighter right away. For Hellcat buyers, it's time to claim your license plate that says '"F6F".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts