Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

this is the fourth article that i have read about this. yes, i know about all the e.v. controversy. no use crying about it, its not like they are listening to us, they will do what they want to. my question is, is this like the 1st and 2nd time the viper was cancelled? is it another mustang or camaro story where they say they are cancelling an engine and then boom, they come out with a newer more powerful version 6 months later? until i see that they are not selling anymore hellcats at the dealerships, i will take this with a grain of salt. great way to drive up the prices of all the new and used hellcats by saying they aren't making anymore. waiting to see what people will be paying for the camaro now that it is slated for cancellation

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,819 Posts

this is the fourth article that i have read about this. yes, i know about all the e.v. controversy. no use crying about it, its not like they are listening to us, they will do what they want to. my question is, is this like the 1st and 2nd time the viper was cancelled? is it another mustang or camaro story where they say they are cancelling an engine and then boom, they come out with a newer more powerful version 6 months later? until i see that they are not selling anymore hellcats at the dealerships, i will take this with a grain of salt. great way to drive up the prices of all the new and used hellcats by saying they aren't making anymore. waiting to see what people will be paying for the camaro now that it is slated for cancellation
It is not just the Hellcats , it is the Charger and Challenger as we know them will be gone.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good point from dodgeguy and infamus. but, the same thing that happened during the oil crisis in the 70's and 80's we kept our big blocks going through it all, sub compacts, diesels, etc.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,819 Posts
good point from dodgeguy and infamus. but, the same thing that happened during the oil crisis in the 70's and 80's we kept our big blocks going through it all, sub compacts, diesels, etc.
Yes but muscle cars , v8s became anemic, from the factory.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is true. i forgot about that. that is what happens when you get old. don't ever get old bro. hahahahahahahaha....what were we talking about again?

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,259 Posts
I think their plan is to sell both the regular and performance models of the Challenger and Charger by factory order only through their dealer network and not keep stock on the lot any longer. The chip shortage plays into part of the thinking behind doing that, as well as the rising cost of fuels which makes your average buyer shy away from cars with a high cost of ownership. Bottom line is that we can still order them and that's a good thing for car buyers and the dealerships. You'll still likely see floor models in dealerships at exorbitant prices I bet! Get out and order one while you have the chance as it may not be much longer before the do possibly go away with the way things are going LOL!

Reactions: Thegreekmason

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,029 Posts
Today it comes out Government Push also why we have the Gas Price issues

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The Camaro is being canceled due to poor sales. On the Camaro forums, the biggest complaint is that the car the factory built, is not what the public wanted. They wanted a more retro model. Ford delivered. Dodge delivered. GM screwed the pooch.
-John
Yep if they would of gotten the Basic Camaro, The SS, The RS, and the Z28 of 67-69 more look they would of been a sold Millions more.
They got to Modern with the design and it shows how the SUV company blew it.

The Grille is closer to right but needs more you can get Modern Size Rallye Wheels not these abortions.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Cragar Wheels visualizer tool with more Retro Style of the Rally for instance
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Hood

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
And along those lines, electric cars need not look like electric cars. In other words, transportation appliances. Let the Asian car makers have that job. Our current Challenger can have a totally electric drivetrain and still retain the pissah looks it has now. But knowing car designers, they will totally F it up.
-John

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think their plan is to sell both the regular and performance models of the Challenger and Charger by factory order only through their dealer network and not keep stock on the lot any longer. The chip shortage plays into part of the thinking behind doing that, as well as the rising cost of fuels which makes your average buyer shy away from cars with a high cost of ownership. Bottom line is that we can still order them and that's a good thing for car buyers and the dealerships. You'll still likely see floor models in dealerships at exorbitant prices I bet! Get out and order one while you have the chance as it may not be much longer before the do possibly go away with the way things are going LOL!
im not sure they want to limit dealer stock,
if things keep going to a order only bases, 1/2 the car dealerships will be belly up in 5 years. there will just be online ordering and large factory service centers around the country in high population areas..it will be the death of the small town car dealerships..

be careful what you wish for as this will promote price fixing and poorer customer relations than we have already.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
am not wishing for any of this, they will fix prices no matter what. as for small town dealerships, i haven't seen one of those in close to 35 yrs. everything in florida is one of ten different families. in n.y. it was the same. for me to find an indie dealership, i would have to leave the state or head up to one of the smaller cities. but, there isn't much wiggle room with a smaller dealership because they won't have the stock. so its a catch 22 any way you look at it.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Do you think they can Store Battery Chassis Packs in a Parts room at a Dealership when they go bad?
Luke from Steve White said they had a Vehicle at their dealership a replacement was 30k with labor customer can't do it
so this is a prelude of %@#!

·
Registered
2020 Gold Rush T/A 392 50th Anniversary, 66 of 70
69 Posts
Dodge had said that they would offer both the ICE and EV vehicles side by side at first. I think that they are now seeing that a lot of owners want that big, brawny V8 powerhouse, so they have to kill off the top of the line models to force people into buying the EVs. The train of thought seems to be if the competition isn't there, then the people will have to buy what Dodge wants them to buy. However, I predict that buyers will vote with their wallets and not go for the electric models.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

·
Premium Member
'21 Challenger RT Plus, Black Top.
573 Posts
I honestly believe the end goal to be autonomous vehicles. I predict they will also offer lucrative trade in deals on current v8 owners to make the transition as quick as possible. I'm gonna hold on to what I have for as long as possible. I don't need to go 0-60 in three seconds, just want a car I enjoy driving.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,259 Posts
im not sure they want to limit dealer stock,
if things keep going to a order only bases, 1/2 the car dealerships will be belly up in 5 years. there will just be online ordering and large factory service centers around the country in high population areas..it will be the death of the small town car dealerships..

be careful what you wish for as this will promote price fixing and poorer customer relations than we have already.
Small dealerships have been going downhill for a long time now. The multi-location, multi-brand automotive dealerships have taken over the majority of the business in this country from what I see. The dealerships may still likely have a stock of mainstream vehicles like Jeep, Ram and the consumer and work related van market, but at least until the chip shortage settles down (which may carry well into 2022) they will limit performance orders to factory orders only short term. If and when the EV comes along (Stallantis says 2024) things might stay pretty much as they are in the performance line up. Not wishing any of this on anyone, but who knows how much our "realities" might change given all the rapid changes thus far in the wonderful year of 2021. So many other things are changing I choose not to ignore anything anymore. That sucks and I wish we could go back to more normal times, but you can't change the way of the world just by wishing.

Reactions: Thegreekmason
1 - 20 of 47 Posts