Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,454 Posts
I think their plan is to sell both the regular and performance models of the Challenger and Charger by factory order only through their dealer network and not keep stock on the lot any longer. The chip shortage plays into part of the thinking behind doing that, as well as the rising cost of fuels which makes your average buyer shy away from cars with a high cost of ownership. Bottom line is that we can still order them and that's a good thing for car buyers and the dealerships. You'll still likely see floor models in dealerships at exorbitant prices I bet! Get out and order one while you have the chance as it may not be much longer before the do possibly go away with the way things are going LOL!

Reactions: Thegreekmason

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
im not sure they want to limit dealer stock,
if things keep going to a order only bases, 1/2 the car dealerships will be belly up in 5 years. there will just be online ordering and large factory service centers around the country in high population areas..it will be the death of the small town car dealerships..

be careful what you wish for as this will promote price fixing and poorer customer relations than we have already.
Small dealerships have been going downhill for a long time now. The multi-location, multi-brand automotive dealerships have taken over the majority of the business in this country from what I see. The dealerships may still likely have a stock of mainstream vehicles like Jeep, Ram and the consumer and work related van market, but at least until the chip shortage settles down (which may carry well into 2022) they will limit performance orders to factory orders only short term. If and when the EV comes along (Stallantis says 2024) things might stay pretty much as they are in the performance line up. Not wishing any of this on anyone, but who knows how much our "realities" might change given all the rapid changes thus far in the wonderful year of 2021. So many other things are changing I choose not to ignore anything anymore. That sucks and I wish we could go back to more normal times, but you can't change the way of the world just by wishing.

Reactions: Thegreekmason

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
With inflation running full steam I wonder how much these new EV's will cost and who will be able to afford them in 2 more years. If any of you've got a horse and saddle I'd keep a firm grip on the reins and stock up on hay and oats in the barn! While your at it, think about buying a good sized buggy too so you can convert it into a taxi operation as well...:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dodgeguy
1 - 3 of 3 Posts