Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts

this is the fourth article that i have read about this. yes, i know about all the e.v. controversy. no use crying about it, its not like they are listening to us, they will do what they want to. my question is, is this like the 1st and 2nd time the viper was cancelled? is it another mustang or camaro story where they say they are cancelling an engine and then boom, they come out with a newer more powerful version 6 months later? until i see that they are not selling anymore hellcats at the dealerships, i will take this with a grain of salt. great way to drive up the prices of all the new and used hellcats by saying they aren't making anymore. waiting to see what people will be paying for the camaro now that it is slated for cancellation
This is better than a cup of coffee to get you going, Njoy

Dodge to phase out its Challenger and Charger muscle cars in shift towards EVs (msn.com)

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,532 Posts
Here's a good entrepreneurial idea for those of you with programming chops. Create a chip that will mate a recorded sound file of a revving Hemi (or other muscle car engines) to the amperage meters of e-vehicles. Exhaust tips can be replaced with high output Bluetooth speakers so the next generation of muscle car drivers can at least virtually experience the sound of a muscle car.

Then they can gather around old-timers like me to listen to wild barn-burner yarns about how we used to purchase flammable liquid known as gasoline back in the day and voluntarily detonate it in cast iron blocks with spinning camshafts and pumping pistons literally inches from our knees, protected only by a sheet of thin sheet of stainless steel. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,243 Posts
With inflation running full steam I wonder how much these new EV's will cost and who will be able to afford them in 2 more years. If any of you've got a horse and saddle I'd keep a firm grip on the reins and stock up on hay and oats in the barn! While your at it, think about buying a good sized buggy too so you can convert it into a taxi operation as well...:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger GT AWD, Granite Crystal, Black Top, Convenience Group, car nickname: "Christine"
264 Posts
V8 cars as we love are gone within 3 years from production... Though even silently acknowledged by (at least some) people inside automotive (I had a chance to debate this week ago) that 100% electric mobility is currently not the best technically viable option, the political and linked strategic decisions of automakers were done and that's it, at least in Europe. But all the info for US market also speaks about 2024 (end of Camaro confirmed, 2023 Mustang hybrid though with V8 announced, and one can feel end of Hemi and todays Challengers/Chargers coming as well I am afraid).
Seems really the last time for me to look for earning/saving extra money and buy my little Christine a bigger sister :devilish:
Carpe diem!

·
Registered
2020 Gold Rush T/A 392 50th Anniversary, 66 of 70
67 Posts
"I'm juggling knives because I've gotta keep two different huge factions happy because at some point those two factions will converge. The problem is no one knows when they will converge. My job is to provide confidence, over the next 24 months, that we're gonna do this." - Tim Kuniskis

I'm not wasting any tears, let all of them get cut by the knives.

·
Registered
38 Posts
V8 cars as we love are gone within 3 years from production... Though even silently acknowledged by (at least some) people inside automotive (I had a chance to debate this week ago) that 100% electric mobility is currently not the best technically viable option, the political and linked strategic decisions of automakers were done and that's it, at least in Europe. But all the info for US market also speaks about 2024 (end of Camaro confirmed, 2023 Mustang hybrid though with V8 announced, and one can feel end of Hemi and todays Challengers/Chargers coming as well I am afraid).
Seems really the last time for me to look for earning/saving extra money and buy my little Christine a bigger sister :devilish:
Carpe diem!
I would weigh in on the reason this is happening, but it would probably get me banned from yet another forum.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'll weigh in: LX is an old platform. It takes millions to maintain all the tooling. When they refresh a vehicle, new tooling creates an opportunity for slight modifications. And that's just the bits you see. EPA mandated emission requirements necessitate continued downsizing and boosting. So a new vehicle is imminent. I'm sure trucks will still have v8s

·
Registered
171 Posts

this is the fourth article that i have read about this. yes, i know about all the e.v. controversy. no use crying about it, its not like they are listening to us, they will do what they want to. my question is, is this like the 1st and 2nd time the viper was cancelled? is it another mustang or camaro story where they say they are cancelling an engine and then boom, they come out with a newer more powerful version 6 months later? until i see that they are not selling anymore hellcats at the dealerships, i will take this with a grain of salt. great way to drive up the prices of all the new and used hellcats by saying they aren't making anymore. waiting to see what people will be paying for the camaro now that it is slated for cancellation
"it's not like they are listening to us they will do what they want to"
after reading some of your speculations, Damn right they are not listening,

·
Registered
7 Posts

This is going to happen buddy. I've been with Dodge for 20 years. Feds have unleashed all Gov subsidies and every maker now is jumping into the EV pool because it's been proven safe---Biden's building 10 million charging stations. The Hummer EV will beat the Hellcat in a drag race to boot. Those who ignore changes in technology will be tossed in the dustbins of history. But Hemi Chargers/Challengers will become very craved very soon after, to be sure.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger ScatPack
136 Posts
The way i look at it, gasoline is on its way out. Enjoy what you have. Before too long, either gasoline is banned, priced into $1000s a gallon or the world ends. I plan on driving this car until i cant any longer. EVs WILL NOT bring me joy. No lopey idle, no rumbles of decades past. Enjoy it, because time is running out. Hellcats going away are not the worst case at this point. Buy em up.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker B5 Blue, Automatic.Hurst pistol grip shifter grip shifter
114 Posts
Can't wait to go to the drag strips to hear "Nothing" going down the track in a quarter mile!! What excitement!! Whoa....guess drag strips will be gone as well!! Electric charged Funny Cars.....what a joke! The whole auto industry will be going down the crapper unless they open their eyes and see people want powerful, noisy engines and not wussie electric vehicles!! Hope Nascar is ready for the dumper as well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Can't wait to go to the drag strips to hear "Nothing" going down the track in a quarter mile!! What excitement!! Whoa....guess drag strips will be gone as well!! Electric charged Funny Cars.....what a joke! The whole auto industry will be going down the crapper unless they open their eyes and see people want powerful, noisy engines and not wussie electric vehicles!! Hope Nascar is ready for the dumper as well.
Drag strips have died for years and not from ev's. The mass has proven they don't want powerful, noisy engines.
dang dude enjoy what ya got while you can

·
Registered
408 Posts
It will smell better :LOL:
But I get it, it will be a huge change from something you have done your whole life. I don't go to the track so that don't bother me.

But I do like the rumbles of an engine,....like my Challenger. They do have artificial engine rumble availabile through speakers. The BMW i8 or something has had that for a while now

·
Registered
171 Posts
It will smell better :LOL:
But I get it, it will be a huge change from something you have done your whole life. I don't go to the track so that don't bother me.

But I do like the rumbles of an engine,....like my Challenger. They do have artificial engine rumble availabile through speakers. The BMW i8 or something has had that for a while now
You folks act like this tomorrow is the last day of the ICE. (don't do anything crazy now, you still have to pay that mortgage, along with the payment for that noisy ass car your neighbor hates) ;o)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts