Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
This is going to happen buddy. I've been with Dodge for 20 years. Feds have unleashed all Gov subsidies and every maker now is jumping into the EV pool because it's been proven safe---Biden's building 10 million charging stations. The Hummer EV will beat the Hellcat in a drag race to boot. Those who ignore changes in technology will be tossed in the dustbins of history. But Hemi Chargers/Challengers will become very craved very soon after, to be sure.
Quick look up about EV Charging stations...there are about 45k stations now, and the Infrastructure bill wants to raise it to 500k (per google search/ CNN). Europe has about 2x the stations, whereas China has about 800k stations.
I think our powergrid may need to be updated too! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts

this is the fourth article that i have read about this. yes, i know about all the e.v. controversy. no use crying about it, its not like they are listening to us, they will do what they want to. my question is, is this like the 1st and 2nd time the viper was cancelled? is it another mustang or camaro story where they say they are cancelling an engine and then boom, they come out with a newer more powerful version 6 months later? until i see that they are not selling anymore hellcats at the dealerships, i will take this with a grain of salt. great way to drive up the prices of all the new and used hellcats by saying they aren't making anymore. waiting to see what people will be paying for the camaro now that it is slated for cancellation
I just saw the new mustang.. What pile.. The last one was a true muscle car and most impressive. the new Stang looks like a mini SUV compact.. If this is true. our SRT cars will be collector cars and worth $$$$

·
Registered
2016 Challenger ScatPack
136 Posts
I just saw the new mustang.. What pile.. The last one was a true muscle car and most impressive. the new Stang looks like a mini SUV compact.. If this is true. our SRT cars will be collector cars and worth $$$$
Yeah i almost 🤢 when i had seen it. Someone should have been fired. Im not a ford fan but the mustang is a legacy that should stay true to its beginnings. Which wasnt a SUV. I think most challengers and chargers (mustangs too) will become sought after like the cars of the 60s and 70s.

·
Registered
159 Posts

this is the fourth article that i have read about this. yes, i know about all the e.v. controversy. no use crying about it, its not like they are listening to us, they will do what they want to. my question is, is this like the 1st and 2nd time the viper was cancelled? is it another mustang or camaro story where they say they are cancelling an engine and then boom, they come out with a newer more powerful version 6 months later? until i see that they are not selling anymore hellcats at the dealerships, i will take this with a grain of salt. great way to drive up the prices of all the new and used hellcats by saying they aren't making anymore. waiting to see what people will be paying for the camaro now that it is slated for cancellation

I don't know where you live, but here in California, people will be figuring out how to convert their Hellcats to electric. The leader of our all-powerful California Democrat party, is the noble Governor Newsome who just escaped a recall election. He recently announced that the California government wants to eliminate the sale of gas-powered automobiles as soon as possible!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts