Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pull the trigger on my new Hellion sleeper turbo kit. Has anyone installed this kit or have experience? It has great reviews and the fit and finish is top notch. Saw it at SEMA this past year. I know I’m limited on boost due to my 392 not having a all forged rotating assembly. 6-8lbs boost max is where I need to be. Going with the upgraded 62mm PTE turbos so if I ever forge the bottom end I’ll have the potential to produce more boost and not kick a rod out the pan!
Any recommendations for an alternative SC kit would be great as well.
Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Seems like overkill for only being able to push 6-8 lbs of boost, but to each their own. You’d get more bang for your buck going the cam route.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like overkill for only being able to push 6-8 lbs of boost, but to each their own. You’d get more bang for your buck going the cam route.
The reason for it is the future potential of what it could make. My thoughts, If I go into the motor to do cam, heads and intake which won’t be as big of a gain, great improvement but not as big, then I might as well do the forged rotating assembly and turn up the boost. But I already have a complete forged short block from Arrington Performance. So I’m just experimenting with the bolt on’s.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But yes, definitely don’t want to lower your ride too much! It would be catastrophic if you find a raised manhole cover!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Anyone know of a good shop around Sacramento,Ca that can do this kind of work,I have look and come up blank - - - - -

·
Registered
1 Posts
Getting ready to pull the trigger on my new Hellion sleeper turbo kit. Has anyone installed this kit or have experience? It has great reviews and the fit and finish is top notch. Saw it at SEMA this past year. I know I’m limited on boost due to my 392 not having a all forged rotating assembly. 6-8lbs boost max is where I need to be. Going with the upgraded 62mm PTE turbos so if I ever forge the bottom end I’ll have the potential to produce more boost and not kick a rod out the pan!
Any recommendations for an alternative SC kit would be great as well.
Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Did you do this set up? I’m thinking about it as well. If so how did the stock internals hold up? I have a buddy that lives in NM where they build these. MSU just got there to get it home. Then go warp speed back to Vegas!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have this kit on my 5.7L. Happy with it overall. I'd suggest upgrading to the 4.5" intercooler if you do get the kit.

Reactions: 6.4Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this kit on my 5.7L. Happy with it overall. I'd suggest upgrading to the 4.5" intercooler if you do get the kit.
I'm thinking about getting the hellion twin turbo kit for my 2012 5.7L Challenger RT. What kind of HP and TQ gains did you see on your car with this kit and with how much boost? If you were to do your mods again, would you go this route or go with a supercharger? Thanks for any info you can provide.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the hellion twin turbo kit for my 2012 5.7L Challenger RT. What kind of HP and TQ gains did you see on your car with this kit and with how much boost? If you were to do your mods again, would you go this route or go with a supercharger? Thanks for any info you can provide.
The car put down 760whp to the wheels at a conservative 12psi.
I will screen shot my post here so you can search for the original post. It has my complete build list, too much to type here. everything was done together at the time of the build.
I'm personally not a supercharger fan, some people are, but I prefer turbo setups so yes I would always do a turbo but that's just me. Some people prefer superchargers for that initial power, where I prefer to build up and kick of the turbo boost when it hits.
I also wanted something different and everyone has superchargers. At the time, Hellion believes this was the first fully built M6 twin turbo setup they knew of.

Attachments

Reactions: Dannyboy72

·
Registered
147 Posts
The car put down 760whp to the wheels at a conservative 12psi.
I will screen shot my post here so you can search for the original post. It has my complete build list, too much to type here. everything was done together at the time of the build.
I'm personally not a supercharger fan, some people are, but I prefer turbo setups so yes I would always do a turbo but that's just me. Some people prefer superchargers for that initial power, where I prefer to build up and kick of the turbo boost when it hits.
I also wanted something different and everyone has superchargers. At the time, Hellion believes this was the first fully built M6 twin turbo setup they knew of.
Jealous 6.4 owner here o_O. A stock 6.4 can only "safely" handle 5-6 lbs of boost. Although I have seen a forged 6.4 make 950 rwhp on 12lbs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts