Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I saw this kit on Hellion's website when searching for performance mods. They are stating that on a stock block with stock internals can hold 5-8 psi and make 600-700 whp!? Is there anyone out there that can back this? From what I have read online the stock 392 can safely hold 6 psi, MAX. I wanted to get some opinions to see if this is possible because if so I would like to go down this route!

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
1,171 Posts
You will need exhaust mods, tuning and brake upgrades etc., the kit is only part of the story the cost is another.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,487 Posts
Ring gap.... I understand from a very reliable engine builder... increasing ring gap on the 392s is the way to more boost... otherwise 6lbs. seems to be the accepted safe limit.. Very trick set up. that would be cool as long as the complexity of the set up was not a hinderance to reliability...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all,

I saw this kit on Hellion's website when searching for performance mods. They are stating that on a stock block with stock internals can hold 5-8 psi and make 600-700 whp!? Is there anyone out there that can back this? From what I have read online the stock 392 can safely hold 6 psi, MAX. I wanted to get some opinions to see if this is possible because if so I would like to go down this route!
Stock internals etc can actually handle more than 6-700hp ........the big problem is not the material.......its the stock ringgap. Its extremely tight and setup for NA. To properly do boost in these engines.......the ring gaps should be reset otherwise chance of breaking a ringland is high. So the connondrum is if your gonna tear into engine.......do you just upgrade the rods and pistons qhile you are there? I myself am waffling on this.......if i do upgrade i will make sure to do a 4032 piston over 2016 as for me it will be a street machine where longevity is key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts