Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know my log in name is the exact opposite of Mopar but I am the proud owner and restorer of a 66 Impala convertible. My parents found the old car in someones back yard in November 1996. I was 18 at the time and a freshman in collage. My dad called me and told me he had found me my dream car. She was in rough shape. The little 283 was newly rebuilt and the top was fairly new but besides that she was in bad shape. Still she was my first car and I drove that rotted beast proudly seven hours back and forth from Long Island to upstate New York and later from Long Island to Rhode Island. During four years of collage I put 25,000 miles a year on the old car and she got me threw the worst of weather conditions. After all the abuse I put my old friend threw during those years I felt it was only right to put her into semi retirement. She is now restored and spending the winter under a cover in my garage and only comes out of the garage on nice summer weekends on the way to be in a car show or just an evening cruise. Now parked next to her in the garage is a car I have obsessing about since 2008. I was finally able to buy her this past spring. My brand new 2013 Challenger R/T classic. Not a daily driver I have a 98 honda civic for that but that Challenger is so much fun to drive. And gets a lot of attention. I can't drive the car on the highway with out someone pulling up next to me wanting to run. The latest was a 3 series Mercedes amg and a civic Si who tried to join in but was no contest for us. This went on for miles my self and the Amg. I would love to say the Challenger pulled the AMG but she didn't. however I did keep up with her. She is a blast to drive and I'm planning to keep her for many years to come

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,879 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Pa.!!!! Enjoy the site!!! :smileup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome! You'll find a lot of useful info around here and quite a few people who have done most everything! Sounds like you're already enjoying the ride and believe me this is just the beginning of all the looks and compliments! :)

·
13,007 Posts
Welcome from north N.J.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,945 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :4-wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,087 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Enjoy the forum !!!

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,631 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Northern Virginia. Glad you are here...

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel! Enjoy the ride!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.