Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
What's Old is New Again!
38,424 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
710 Posts
Another great looking project! A few more details would be cool. 340? Welcome from North Central Florida.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another great looking project! A few more details would be cool. 340? Welcome from North Central Florida.
All original and matching numbers, not sure if that matters for this car. 318 V8. I don't know a lot about the car as I just found out I was getting it, haha.
80k original miles. Dad says it is an RT model.
I have to get the car from him later this month. Not sure what direction to go first, body and paint or start upgrading the brakes/suspension and other parts.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,809 Posts
Welcome from Illinois! .............a little touch up paint and a wet sand & buff, and you'll be cruisin in no time. :giggle:

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8 with a Diablo custom tune.
3,592 Posts
Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
That makes two restoration projects we all get to watch, awesome. I'd get the body off of the frame and start there. Whatever you do keep us in the loop and welcome from the great state of Eastern Oregon.

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
710 Posts
All original and matching numbers, not sure if that matters for this car. 318 V8. I don't know a lot about the car as I just found out I was getting it, haha.
80k original miles. Dad says it is an RT model.
I have to get the car from him later this month. Not sure what direction to go first, body and paint or start upgrading the brakes/suspension and other parts.
Once you get the car home, I'd do an inventory of everything just to make sure you have "all the parts". Bag and tag everything you can identify. A restoration guide will help you with whatever you are unable to figure out. There are several such as this one.

Continue with the disassembly bagging and tagging as you go. These always seem to have varying degrees of rust issues so you'll want to address those first to ensure that you are starting with a solid foundation.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. Good luck with the project.

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
1,786 Posts
welcome from ny

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
welcome from south florida.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts