Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I recently lost a 2008 first year SRT8 in a garage fire. My car had about 11,000 miles on it at the time.

I really wanted to replace this with another 2008 model but have the opportunity to buy a 2009 SRT8 with only 1,000 miles on it. Same orange color scheme.

What are the major differences between the 2 years ? What do you think about the market value over the years as I viewed the first year cars with serial numbers to be very special ?

Thanks - Mike

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,500 Posts
Estenually, there are no differences between the 2008's and the 2009's.

As far as market value on "first year" 2008's, I think that's yet to be determined.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy !

Keep in mind that in 2008 they made 6400. They have since made several High Impact Challengers with numbers much lower than that. So it really isn't that "limited" when you think about it.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
It's rarely advisable to buy a vehicle in it's first model year. For almost any vehicle, especially for an entirely new line such as the Challenger but also including a new sequential generation of an established model line, first year models are the ones most likely to have mechanical or quality control issues. In this case, a 2009 model SRT8 might be slightly more reliable than a 2008.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The 09s have a LSD differential where the 08s have an open differential.

Also I think the 09 has stronger/upgraded axle shafts.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
unless there's a huge price difference, I'd get the 09, especially with only a thousand miles on it.

·
12,989 Posts
Welcome from north N.J.

·
Registered
223 Posts
09 srt8

I have an 2009 srt , if I remember correctly the 09 sits a little lower than the 08, and the drive trane was beefed up a little bit something about going from a 28 to a 32 spline shaft and hopefully it a 6spd. Buy that 2009 with only 1000mi:smileup:

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Yep, the '09 has a stronger, upgraded rear. Most everything else is the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I'd buy the 2009 SRT8 if it's only got 1,000 miles and is a decent deal. That car is basically brand new. Like the others said, it has a stronger drivetrain and beefed up rear end.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I would look for a 2011 or higher lots more improvements

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I would look for a 2011 or higher lots more improvements
performance wise, i would also suggest going that route...

but if he's set on getting one as close to his original one, then go for it... finding an 09 with only a grand on the clock is pretty tough as it is... if you want it, go get it! we only go around the world once... :smileup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
You do not mention one thing and that is price. What do they want for the 2009 with that little miles? What is that compared to what the few low mileage 2008s are advertised for?
It is all in what makes YOU happy. An '09 at a great price or with low miles? An '08 first edition?
I was lucky I found what I really wanted, an '08 Brilliant Black, just 5000 miles, and in my opinion a great price.
Man just take your time and make yourself happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts