Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you install seat covers, not fancy ones they are just sideless dodge that slip on over the seat, the problem I am having is with that piece that is made to slide through the crack of the seat on my car there is a cover attached over the back so I can't attach the seat cover, has anyone that knows what I'm talking about figured a way to put covers on ? Thanks, John

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well after taking a flashlight I see no way possible to put these covers on, it just looks impossible but if by chance anyone has figured a way to do it please share :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I understand what you are asking, I too had (removed them recently) non-fancy seat covers in my Challenger. If I understand correct you are speaking of between the seatback and the bottom of the seat. There is indeed a plastic, lets call it a guard, that blocks your ability to push the seat cover through the crack. That plastic "guard" actually has elastic straps with clips at the end of the straps that clamp on to bars undern the seat. Just reach under the seat from the backside and feel for them, then follow them until you reach the clip... it takes a little bit of pressure but they pop right off.

Once you have those clips removed you should be able to push your seat cover through that crack.

Hope I make sense and this helps.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I understand what you are asking, I too had (removed them recently) non-fancy seat covers in my Challenger. If I understand correct you are speaking of between the seatback and the bottom of the seat. There is indeed a plastic, lets call it a guard, that blocks your ability to push the seat cover through the crack. That plastic "guard" actually has elastic straps with clips at the end of the straps that clamp on to bars undern the seat. Just reach under the seat from the backside and feel for them, then follow them until you reach the clip... it takes a little bit of pressure but they pop right off.

Once you have those clips removed you should be able to push your seat cover through that crack.

Hope I make sense and this helps.
Thanks for the reply, I figured it out and that cover is called a bib, anyway the seat cover back attaches to the bottom and with that bib there no way it'll reach so I guess I'll leave my T-shirts over the top for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts