Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im on the side of a dark road I know a walmart is a mile back. My right rear tire blew out. I have after market wheels and the stock wrench doesn't fit. My dumb butt forgot to put one in the car. I don't know what size wrench I need to pull the wheel off. I have the factory reproduction viper wheels 20x9 18offset. 5x115 bolt pattern. Any help would be so awesome right now.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a spare tire just not the right size lug wrench

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
ya...without the repair spray...and sorry...wasn't sure if every Challenger had that or not....I'm thinking you are either heading to that Wal Mart to get a 4 star as mentioned above....or you are calling a tow truck.

Good lesson and friendly reminder to everyone....make sure you have the minimum tools required to fix the things you can fix on your own. I know I got caught the other day in my daily driver with zero tools and it damn near cost me a whole lot of money, thankfully a good Samaritan stopped with a wrench I could borrow.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Or add AAA for $75 a year. Im just saying.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
Or add AAA for $75 a year. Im just saying.
Hey, I'm just saying maybe you shouldn't say this right now! He needs some immediate help, not advice for tomorrow!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just made it to walmart bought 4 way and deep socket set here goes nothing

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey, I'm just saying maybe you shouldn't say this right now! He needs some immediate help, not advice for tomorrow!
My bad. I thought there was a time zone delay and this was done. Hope it works out for the best.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
Feeling very frustrated that I can be there to help you!! Please be careful.

Reactions: Cool SRT8

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I guess my post didn't go through last night. So I was only about an hour away from my girlfriend she came got me and took me to Wally world. I bought the tire iron and it fit! Called the roadside assistance and canceled, put the spare on the car and made it to her place. Just got off the phone with tire shop got two hankook Vetus 275/40/20 coming for the rear today. Late afternoon today she'll be even better with those wider rear tires that have road hazard on them! Big thanks for all the help and concern everyone.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I guess my post didn't go through last night. So I was only about an hour away from my girlfriend she came got me and took me to Wally word. I bought the tire iron and it fit! Called the roadside assistance and canceled, put the spare on the car and made it to her place. Just got off the phone with tire shop got two hankook Vetus 275/40/20 coming for the rear today. Late afternoon today she'll be even better with those wider rear tires that have road hazard on them! Big thanks for all the help and concern everyone.
Wasn't on the Forum last night, but glad it all worked out!

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out without needing to leave her somewhere for the night or without having any unscheduled rides in the back of a black van with a hood over your head!!!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
glad everything worked out for you... those four ways are good to have... if not to save your own butt, maybe someone else's... before my journey back to wisconsin from texas, i bought one since i was towing a travel trailer back with my pick up truck... i wanted a decent tool that was readily accessible that would work on every single nut i had... luckily i didn't need but i'll always have it... just always good to keep one in a vehicle especially a pick up where you might borrow somebody elses trailer or boat or anything towable that could be a different size nut... :smileup:

·
Registered
380 Posts
I guess my post didn't go through last night. So I was only about an hour away from my girlfriend she came got me and took me to Wally world. I bought the tire iron and it fit! Called the roadside assistance and canceled, put the spare on the car and made it to her place. Just got off the phone with tire shop got two hankook Vetus 275/40/20 coming for the rear today. Late afternoon today she'll be even better with those wider rear tires that have road hazard on them! Big thanks for all the help and concern everyone.
Glad you're safe and sound, I'm not a big tech fan but these new fangled smart phones sure can save your butt in a pinch.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
thanks for posting ,I got the same rims and nuts right after you did and sure enough I went out and checked to see if I had the right socket ,,,,NOPE so off I go to harbor freight to get a complete set to leave in the car ,I need a 13/16 for the jack and 3/4 (6 point deep socket) for the lug nuts,so thanks again cause you saved me from who knows what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!reps comming

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.