Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide between one of the following cat back systems.

1) Solo Performance Mach X
2) Borla S-Type
3) Borla Atak
4) Corsa Extreme

I really like the Mach X from Solo. That said, I always go back to the you get what you pay for saying. The Solo system is nearly half the price of the other three. Is their that much of a difference in quality?

The Borla Atak sounds amazing but I wonder if it is to much especially in regards interior cab noise. I want more sound than what I have now but not something that will grate on my nerves on a road trip.

The Borla S-Type sounds nice but not much louder than my current set up.

The Corsa Extreme sounds good but maybe not as aggressive sounding as I would like.

Would like to hear some opinions (any sound clips would be great as I have exhausted all the ones on Youtube).

·
More Than Just A Car
20,526 Posts
I have the solo Mach x and I love them, quality wise in my opinion is no different than the others you have mentioned, all are good quality. I get compliments on the sound all the time, best bang for the buck out there in my mind and in time will get just as expensive as the others .

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,760 Posts
I have the Mopar which at the time was made by Borla and am very happy with it not sure if it is the same as the S or the Atak. It is is pretty loud, there are no resonators so there is some resonance around 2000-2500 rpm. I am used to it as all my cars had it even the vintage Mopars.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dodge Guy-
Thanks for the input so far gents..

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I have the Corsa Xtreme and think it sounds awesome on my 6-speed. RSC technology provides absolutely no drone. Cost was around $1,100 with free shipping but I would never change it out for anything else. You are wise to realize that you get what you pay for and you only want to do this particular mod once. Video clips do no justice to any exhaust. Try to listen to some live at a local car show. Good luck !

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
From what I've heard I'd go with the Corsa extreme, I had the Borla system on my R/T and like Dodgeguy said their is some resonance with the system. I had an automatic R/T which is more prone to the drone problems than the six speed cars but I haven't heard of any issues with the Corsa system.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tiki-

Where did you see the Corsa for 1100 bucks? I haven't seen it listed for less than 1400 anywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts