Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advise on what to do. My dash is peeling up above my center vents. I live in Vegas and it gets really hot here in the summer. I put a sun shade in my window when I am not in the car and it is left outside. I need to know what type of glue or adhesive I can use to hold down the dash. I tried tucking it back under the vents and that worked for a little bit, but now it wont tuck back under it has been baked like that. It is still flexible though so I may be able to glue it down Please help! Pictures attached.
14184322_10208905932878206_7240181640851153383_n.jpg
14224854_10208905932518197_6954379238202632726_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
I need some advise on what to do. My dash is peeling up above my center vents. I live in Vegas and it gets really hot here in the summer. I put a sun shade in my window when I am not in the car and it is left outside. I need to know what type of glue or adhesive I can use to hold down the dash. I tried tucking it back under the vents and that worked for a little bit, but now it wont tuck back under it has been baked like that. It is still flexible though so I may be able to glue it down Please help! Pictures attached. View attachment 80903 View attachment 80904
What year? Mines a '12 and I'd still be thinking that Dodge needs to fix that.I'd submit a claim first

Reactions: HERE WE GO AGAIN

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,720 Posts
I agree...If you are still under warranty, or even close to it - the dealer should address it. Never seen that happen before.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,010 Posts
I agree...If you are still under warranty, or even close to it - the dealer should address it. Never seen that happen before.
I have seen a Charger do that but only one and I don't remember the outcome. I might check an upholstery shop seeing as it is out of warranty.

·
What's Old is New Again!
38,403 Posts
Unfortunately, where you live(NV) and the fact that your Challenger is outside in the brutal sun does not surprise me that the dash did that. It is the first I've seen a Challenger dash do that. But then again, it probably get up to 150°+ inside the car.

Good Luck, I hope you find a solution.

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
I don't want to be the bummer here but this happened to our Stratus RT, we ended up getting a new to us used one. We had the dealer install it for us...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't want to be the bummer here but this happened to our Stratus RT, we ended up getting a new to us used one. We had the dealer install it for us...
That is a bummer, I am going to try an upholstery shop first and see what happens

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2010 Challenger. Were you able to solve this issue???
My guess would be that the problem was solved by taking it to an upholsterer. @wvhemis I believe had the next best solution.
If you can, keep us Posted. Lou.

·
Registered
1937 ram, 1970 340 Duster, 1993 stealth, 2010 challenger rt, 2014 ram
679 Posts
Must be a 2010 thing + heat. Mine is doing it just not as bad. Still would like to take care of it. So keep us informed.

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T AT5 BBP
75 Posts
My '10 is doing the exact same thing, my thoughts so far are 3M attachment tape, which can be completely removed if it fails yetmay be a bit too thick, black silicone adhesive, which also can be completely removed if it fails but continued exposure to heat would probably ensure that failure, then there is loctite, which cannot be removed but definitely wouldnt be too thick and likely (hopefully) stand up to the heat..
Its a shame as well because otherwise my interior is flawless by which i am amazed considering the age and mileage, 10 years and >140k, most cars fall apart before this point.

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T AT5 BBP
75 Posts
Pardon me, I just saw the thread and thought I'd share my similar situation and .02 about it..

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
My son has a 300c and the passenger door panel has peeled up at the top pretty badly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts