Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, I apologize if this is not the right section.

Anyways, I found some posts regarding this issue on chargerforumz but nobody really provided information on this hosing or where to acquire some more. It gets in the way of my driver side half cover install and is not long enough to be rerouted elsewhere. If anyone has:

1. Information/pictures on how to reroute it

2. Link to purchase the hosing needed or information on its dimensions so I can ask AutoZone/etc.

I would really appreciate it! Thanks! Pictures of the hose are below (circled in red)

Model is a 2014 Challenger R/T

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I ran into this issue when I put my half covers on my old 2010 R/T. I ended up putting a small filter off the oil fill port and put a rubber grommet plug on the airbox port. The half covers fit fine and I had no tube to deal with. I kept the stock line so that when I sold it I could put it back to stock.

Reactions: BAD GRANDPA

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran into this issue when I put my half covers on my old 2010 R/T. I ended up putting a small filter off the oil fill port and put a rubber grommet plug on the airbox port. The half covers fit fine and I had no tube to deal with. I kept the stock line so that when I sold it I could put it back to stock.
Thats actually a great idea. Can you link me the parts you used or something that might work?

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Here is what I did. Spectre filter and blocked off the opening in the stock airbox. Any additional hose is just 5/8"? Pvc hose and the plug i got from home depot i think. Just kinda had to build it on my own from parts at autozone and HD.

Attachments

Reactions: BAD GRANDPA
1 - 4 of 4 Posts