Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Help out the old pirate

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Back N Black 
#1 ·
I need to finish black out on Donnas car, I putting honeycomb in my deep dish to help match them up.
But I cant for the life of me figure out how to get this off the grill.

We have removed the badges from the grill, the RT one is now on the grill in the engine cover.

Anyone know how the heck to get this silly thing off for paint?

See less See more
#2 ·
I need to finish black out on Donnas car, I putting honeycomb in my deep dish to help match them up.
But I cant for the life of me figure out how to get this off the grill.

We have removed the badges from the grill, the RT one is now on the grill in the engine cover.

Anyone know how the heck to get this silly thing off for paint?

Sorry just saw this,I went and looked at mine the silver trim and grill are one piece with the blk trim around it.The only seperate parts are the headlight trim rings Theres a whole lot of disassembly due to the fact it has to be unfastened from behind,thats what it appears like to me,hopefully im wrong and it isnt that involved,but i dont see any other way to remove it.

#3 ·
The grill and outer trim are all one piece. If you want to remove the grill, you will have to remove the front cover to get at it.
I am traveling now and the service cd is home, but it has pictures and instructions about its removal if you want to go that route.

#4 ·
Removal

If you need to remove the front end here is the info:

1.Raise and support the vehicle.2.Remove the left and right front splash shields as necessary. (Refer to 23 - Body/Exterior/SHIELD, Splash - Removal) .3.Remove the belly pan. (Refer to 23 - Body/Exterior/BELLY PAN - Removal) .4.Remove the mounting fasteners that secures the front fascia assembly (9) to the inside of the front fender.5.Partially lower the vehicle and remove the push-pin retainers (10) that secure the front fascia assembly to the upper radiator support.6.Disconnect the Tire Pressure Monitoring System connector. (Refer to 22 - Tires and Wheels/Tire Pressure Monitoring/MODULE, Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) - Removal) 7.Carefully pull the left and front side of the fascia out of the fender mounted fascia mounting brackets.8.Carefully pull the front fascia assembly forward to disengage the push-pin retainer from the slot in each side of the fascia and disconnect the fog lamp wire harness connectors, if equipped.

Attachments

Reactions: red dread
#10 ·
Well damn! I was going to pull my grill and paint it color match but I really don't want to remove the fascia. Has anyone had any luck removing the grill insert and replace it without having to remove the fascia? :4-dontknow:

#11 · (Edited)
Well damn! I was going to pull my grill and paint it color match but I really don't want to remove the fascia. Has anyone had any luck removing the grill insert and replace it without having to remove the fascia? :4-dontknow:
I think it may have been Peelin (not positive) removed the ring on the new ride without removing the fascia. It has 6 or 8 clips holding it on that are hard to get to & release. Not sure about the grill.

Edit: Could have also been Darth.

#13 ·
#14 · (Edited)
The Grill surround will come off but you have to remove the fascia and break off the tabs that connect to the grill. Mopar makes a black chrome grill surround that would look pretty cool on Wenchy. I put it on mine and love the sinister look.

And looking thru this post I see that it can be removed without taking the fascia off and breaking the tabs. Reps to peelin for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.