Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Jacksonville local and I am looking into the near future of buying a challenger. I work for Mopar actually but would like to hear from you guys to help me make the best choice. I will only get a 5.7 manual I would consider a 6.1 but should I stay with the 5.7? But some basic questions like what are some things I should consider? And how to approach obtaining one. Even what year to try and strive for. I am looking for a blue one but I like more of an indigo blue more then anything I know of the b5 and jazz blue and not sure if I like those colors. Possibly a destroyer grey because I would do red interior if I did that. I will probably get a used one with low miles. Anyway I appreciate any and all ideas and suggestions I want my first choice to be the best and right choice. Have a great day everyone.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,856 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from South West Florida! What is your budget?????

·
Registered
Challengerless
1,876 Posts
Destroyer Grey on black with red interior would be a sweet looking challenger. As far as cubic inches, that's in the eye of the beholder, the speed limit on public roads wont change and 99% of the only people you will impress by that number are other dudes. (There's a couple exceptions lady's). Finding a model with active exhaust will save you a few dollars as well.

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8
4,620 Posts
Welcome to the Challenger ForumZ from the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

As mentioned, budget comes first. 5.7L keeps you away from the higher octanes $.$$ and probably better insurance rates.:D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Pennsylvania! Depends on your budget as you already know. Good luck and keep us posted when you make your purchase! I know that you will be happy when you find your new ride!

·
Registered
22,984 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,142 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
28,547 Posts
Greetings from the Conch Republic!

With a 6.1, you are limited to 2008-2010 model years. The 5.7 was available for all models years from 2009 up. Like others said, figure out your budget. Then make o list of the "must" options and the "would like" options. Don't be afraid to expand your search outside of your area. That perfect match might be 1000 miles away, but the drive home will be a blast!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts