Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my engine rebuilt 2 years ago and late last summer the pistons melted (forged). I believe I had gotten some bad gas. I have the procharger supercharger on it pushing 12psi of boost. This year I have ordered the HHP short block with blower cam. Also the paramount conqueror transmission. I have read some reviews on HHP. My question is to the forum - what kind of performance and results do the HHP folks put out?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
37,223 Posts
Don't happen to run Shell do you? We had a local guy with a pile of boost and they blamed the additives in it when his blew.

·
Registered
22,984 Posts
Well for the most part I've only heard good things about HHP and I think the folks doing their motors is BES. They seem to win a lot of engine building competitions with the Hemi motor and their builds and I believe they built the current fastest Challenger in the land, so I think you are probably in good hands.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah - from my research on the web - does seem positive reviews as well as good service from HHP.

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
II think this thread is going to be interesting....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I did order the 6.4 block with blower cam - Been waiting for almost 2 months now to get the tune. The shop I deal with here in Edmonton Alberta says they are having a hard time to get HHP to reply back in a timely manner with tuning. I was considering new heads next year but am now reconsidering.

·
12,995 Posts
Well I did order the 6.4 block with blower cam - Been waiting for almost 2 months now to get the tune. The shop I deal with here in Edmonton Alberta says they are having a hard time to get HHP to reply back in a timely manner with tuning. I was considering new heads next year but am now reconsidering.
That is really surprising, HHP has a very good reputation around here, Josh is very accommodating, many of us have used them with very good results including myself.

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
I agree with Alan when I was doing my shopping he spent over a 1/2 hour on the phone with me and I was not even a customer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I based the purchase of this motor on what was posted here on this forum, along with a phone call to HHP.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,229 Posts
If your shop purchased the block from them give Josh a shout maybe something else is going on between your shop and them holding it up.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,229 Posts
They are not open till mon. so that should work out good.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,229 Posts
I called this past Monday - and it seems they are communicating - it's a slow process I suppose. GEt the car back in time to park it for the winter :(
That sucks.Did they clear up your concerns other than the time frame.Them guys are hands on so a lot of times they can talk and keep working versus just sitting in front of a computer answering emails.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts