Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i just signed up with you guys. I got a choice on to buy ether srt headers and cats. Or magnaflow high flow cats with x pipe both have mid pipe. Modes done to the car already. Mopar cold air intake Taylor helix throttle body reso delete and diablo tuner. What would be the best for hp and sound. Both are the same price

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,074 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Premium Member
12,479 Posts
Welcome to the Z from WV... Glad you joined us... you have an either or situation here... The Magnaflow mid pipes are about $600/700.00 the SRT headders are almost equal shortie headders which will run you around $600.00/ $700.00. The two together would be a nice mod so take your pick at the end of the day you will want both. As far as sound in concerned I am getting my Magnaflow mid pipes added to my Magnaflow headders this year. I have Borla ATAK and the addition of headders did change the tone of my exhaust but not the sound level.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Welcome from NoCo. You will be glad you joined.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi guys i just signed up with you guys. I got a choice on to buy ether srt headers and cats. Or magnaflow high flow cats with x pipe both have mid pipe. Modes done to the car already. Mopar cold air intake Taylor helix throttle body reso delete and diablo tuner. What would be the best for hp and sound. Both are the same price

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi BeeKeeper. Welcome to the forum. In my humble opinion headers and hi flo cats would be the way to go. their is a lot of discussion on X pipe or H pipe. It seems the modern muscle car enthusiast likes the X pipe. The NASCAR boys run an X pipe. However w/ that said they are also turning over 8,000 RPM's. I don't think any STOCK Hemi will turn 8 grand. I know i will get some flack from someone out there but i believe an X pipe is not as good as an H pipe at the RPM's a modern muscle cars turns. So in my opinion, headers and hi flow cats. X or H pipe is up to you. Hope this has helped. Oh keep in mind this is coming from a guy running a V6.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi BeeKeeper. Welcome to the forum. In my humble opinion headers and hi flo cats would be the way to go. their is a lot of discussion on X pipe or H pipe. It seems the modern muscle car enthusiast likes the X pipe. The NASCAR boys run an X pipe. However w/ that said they are also turning over 8,000 RPM's. I don't think any STOCK Hemi will turn 8 grand. I know i will get some flack from someone out there but i believe an X pipe is not as good as an H pipe at the RPM's a modern muscle cars turns. So in my opinion, headers and hi flow cats. X or H pipe is up to you. Hope this has helped. Oh keep in mind this is coming from a guy running a V6.

Well this is the thing. I have a choice to buy from two different people one guy haves stuck srt headers with it's mid pipes and cats. The other guy haves magnaflow high flow cats with pipe and xpipe also. Both asking around $100 $140

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you can afford it buy both and graft or fabricate it together. It's a good deal either way you slice it. Just my opinion. I know go see The Monkeys at fast and lousy or fired up garage. Just kidding. Be safe out there. Your car looks awesome. Wish I could hear it.

·
Registered
22,542 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,644 Posts
Welcome to the ChallengerForumz, and greetings from America's Finest City! You've joined an awesome community of friendly Mopar enthusiasts and the most informative Challenger forum on the web.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts