Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently wondering what might be a good stripe color and or type of stripe for the High Octane red Pearl color. It also has the molten lava interior. What my thought is to do a mopar 14 style stripe in either silver or black and substitute 100th Anniversary for the word Mopar on the circle on the tail or something similar? Or some other type of stripes and or just go with no stripes?

thoughts.....

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
If I was going to stripe it I'd probably go with silver or white. For patterns Mid body longitudinal, Mopar 14, and full body hockey stick would probably be my preferences. The high octane red is such a beautiful color I'd be really tempted to not stripe it at all or just do a high body line pinstripe.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,405 Posts
If I was going to stripe it I'd probably go with silver or white. For patterns Mid body longitudinal, Mopar 14, and full body hockey stick would probably be my preferences. The high octane red is such a beautiful color I'd be really tempted to not stripe it at all or just do a high body line pinstripe.

Take it easy
Jay
Agree with Jay, just do a pinstripe. That color doesn't need to be covered up!

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I'm a stripe guy, so I would stripe the car in either white or black.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Flat Black would look good.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
ghost stripe in the right shade of red to make it almost disappear would be cool...though I have to say if I had that color I'd most likely not stripe it at all (which is why I thought a ghost stripe would be good. Gets your jones for a stripe satisfied and doesn't take away from the color).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im getting the same car with that paint I was thinking about doing the same thing with fender and hood hash marks in flat black not for sure though yet if it would take away from the car im still pondering it over in my mind good luck on whatever you do and please post some photos

·
Registered
122 Posts
I striped mine. I do love the color, but I felt left out that every other model of the Challenger has some kind of unique striping except the 100th. Mine is in matte black. I did the hood and a side stripe.

·
Registered
247 Posts
pic 37.jpg here is my 100th High Octane Red Pearl stripe job....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Pinstripe! I'm seriously considering getting a red over gray high body pinstripe. Something subtle...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts