Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was trying to get home in a downpour. Had wipers up on high, and could just barely see. Ended up driving into a flooded street. About 3 houses long in a subdivision. Didn't know it till the water went flying on the sides. Made it thru ok, but the car is "Chugging" now. Do you think i actually hurt anything? How long should it take to dry out. Didnt come over the hood, or into the car. But went into the grille.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,473 Posts
Depends on how much water you ingested. Your air intake is only about 16 inches of the ground. You might want to pull the air filterandsee if it is saturated. Check all your intake tubes.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Remove your air filter and check it to see if it is dry. Then check your dipstick to see if there are water beads on the stick. Let's hope you dont see anything. If so, don't start the engine. You will need to pull the plugs first. Let us know.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yikes! This summer I see a lot of cars on the news driving through quite deep water, and just cringe. I hope your car is ok. I would take it to the shop and check it out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Filter almost soaked. Almost no water made it past though. Had to replace both plugs on #8 cylinder to clear the mis fire fault. They did the plugs under warranty. Cost of pulling and checking the box $37.50. Got it back today. Think the minor rust on plugs was from the winter though. Synthetic oil clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes, you were very lucky. We often see cars on the news driving through rocker-panel-deep water. I don't think the owners realize the damage that they are doing by driving through water. Luckily, your drive was short in duration, and not deliberate!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts