Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sweet! My smaller trip ended me with 9800 miles! Close!

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's fun when your at 125 ain't it Darth, hehe. Watch the little strip of rubber between the hood and front deck?/fascia?, it tears about if you run over 100 alot, muhahahhaaa....

Running 70 is good for me now, got the fasties outta my system.

·
Dazed & Confused
35,841 Posts
Glad to see you made it back from our state safe & sound. Give us a heads up next trip down, maybe we can get Dave & Marv up here for a quick meet.

·
Registered
641 Posts
We have quite a few customers that are reporting on mileage figures in the 23-27mpg range at 70 mph on the Interstate Highway systems. This is with both RTs and SRT8s, and we do seem to be seeing a bit higher figures for those with 6 speeds.

That gas guzzler tax on the SRT8s sure seems justified---NOT!!:box2:

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
It does around town as I'm usually getting about 13 mpg! But that is in crappy Chicagoland traffic and with a, how you say, leaden foot! :D

But I logged 27.5 mpg on the highway on sixth gear during a 500 mile trip about a month ago. I've got a trip back home again to Indiana for Thanksgiving to see my family so I'm wondering what kind of mileage I'll pull now that the engine's running at full power.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Nice story, Darth. Very well-written. I found myself wanting to read more!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Sweet! My smaller trip ended me with 9800 miles! Close!
That is some trip Darth. You should post pics of what 9800 miles of bugs look like on the front bumper. :str:

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That is some trip Darth. You should post pics of what 9800 miles of bugs look like on the front bumper. :str:
Well, the NC trip was only 600 miles, but I did comment that hitting the larger bugs in North Carolina is like hitting small birds in Jersey. HUGE moths and beetle type things and man when they hit the windshield you can feel em! Thank FSM for Bug and Tar remover! A thing of beauty!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Darth, reading your return story was like reading an erotic story. I kept waiting for the finishing shot. Seriously, it was a good read. Thanks for the story. BTW, what kind of gas stations sell fuel without ethanol? I don't think I've seen any, but I thought they all switched to ethanol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
first road trip with STX: meter said over 34 mpg when stopping for gas! (started with 1/2 tank). put in over 100 lbs. of 89, reset, and it dropped to 32 mpg running about 75mph and checking that acceleration a bit- couldn't resist! car pulls strong to 115 mph and seemed quite willing to go further. what a sweet highway cruiser this is!

some backroads and climbing 2000 feet in elevation on the way home and I'm at 30. something mpg. verified that with another fillup and the meter is pretty darn close. the meter shows 24-25 in around town driving (we don't have stop and go traffic or many stop lights) I have the "economy" rear end and standard 18 inch tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any idea why my V6 is only averaging about 19.5 MPG?

Pretty disappointing considering the advertised city MPG was a minimum of 19 and part of my 1,300 miles logged so far were on the interstate/highway.

Could I be doing too much cruising around shopping centers and between stop lights for my own good, lol?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts