Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Historic Virginia Mopar Cruise

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  dodgefever 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
You are invited to join in on the Annual Viper/Challenger/Mopar cruise on the Colonial Parkway from Yorktown Va. to Jamestown Va. We will have a 2 hour stop in Colonial Williamsburg to eat, shop, tour or whatever else you wish to do. The event is Saturday, November 7. I anticipate several Hellcats to be joining our cruise this year. Here is the contact info as well as agenda:

Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Cruise Agenda:

7:00-7:30 AM: Meet in parking lot of Macy’s at Greenbrier Mall.

7:30 AM: Leave for Chesapeake Square Mall. Directions: Follow I-64 E (Suffolk) and I-664 N. Take exit 11B from I-664 N.

8:00 AM: Arrive at Chesapeake Square Mall Sears and JC Penny parking lot.

8:30 AM: Leave for Yorktown Battlefield Visitors Center. Directions: Follow I-664 N and I-64 W to VA-143 W/Jefferson Ave in Newport News. Take exit 250B from I-64 W. Take VA-105 E/Fort Eustis Blvd to left on Rte 17 to Colonial National Historic Pkwy.

9:30 AM: Arrive at the Yorktown Battlefield Visitor’s Center (1000 Colonial Parkway, Yorktown, VA). You will have an hour to tour the visitor’s center and battlefields.

10:30 AM: Leave the Yorktown Battlefield Visitors center to begin the Colonial Parkway Cruise. Directions: Head South on the Colonial Parkway for Approximately 13 miles to the Visitor Center Dr. Turn right on Visitor Center Drive then an immediate sharp left onto Va 132 South. Parking lot is just after Merchants Square at the corner of Francis Street and S Henry Street.

11:00 AM: Arrive in Williamsburg at the parking lot at 411 Francis St for a 2 Hr. walking/shopping tour of the historic Merchants Square district. ($1 per Hr parking).

1:00 PM: Head back to meet the group back at the parking lot.

1:30 PM: Leave Williamsburg to continue the Colonial Parkway cruise. There will be a photo stop on this leg of the cruise. Directions: Parking attendant is on the South side of the lot. Turn Left out of parking lot then immediate Right on S Henry Street for 2 blocks to a Left on Newport Ave. Colonial Pkwy S entrance is 1/4 mile on Right.

2:30 PM: Arrive at the Jamestown Visitors center (2110 Jamestown Rd, Williamsburg, VA). You will have 1/2 Hour to use the restroom and tour the visitor’s center.

3:00 PM: Leave visitors center for Pierce’s BBQ (447 East Rochambeau, Williamsburg, VA) Directions: Get back on the Colonial Parkway towards Williamsburg for approximately 9 miles. Turn left on Visitor Center Drive. Continue straight on Va-132 N for 1.5 miles to a Left on Va-143 W. (Merrimac Trail) In 4/10 turn left on Rochambeau, continue for 3 miles, turn Left into Pierce's BBQ.

3:30 PM: Arrive at Pierce’s BBQ ( www.pierces.com)

4:15-4:45 PM: Leave Pierce’s BBQ for a group cruise to back to the Southside. There is no formal "after-cruise" gathering place, just exit the cruise when you need to.

Thank you for cruising with us and drive safe!

Point of contact: Tom McCormick 757-639-4572

Please contact me at moyockmac@yahoo.com, and let me know what you are driving and where you will be meeting the group so I can get an idea of who to look for at each meeting spot.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.