Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
60,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Hyundai is having a rough time these days. I was looking into buying a Santa Cruz until they put a stop sell order on them because their newfangled dual wet clutch auto transmissions are taking a dump with no warning. Their build quality looks atrocious given all the complaints on their Forums. It's pretty bad when weather seals and trim parts just fall off and plastic parts break with ordinary usage. Plus they over tech'd it. The vehicles will do all sorts of weird things and then the customer will discover there are settings for all sorts of irrelevant things you'd never think of. They're made in Alabama. Not a good showing 'Bama.

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Hyundai is having a rough time these days. I was looking into buying a Santa Cruz until they put a stop sell order on them because their newfangled dual wet clutch auto transmissions are taking a dump with no warning. Their build quality looks atrocious given all the complaints on their Forums. It's pretty bad when weather seals and trim parts just fall off and plastic parts break with ordinary usage. Plus they over tech'd it. The vehicles will do all sorts of weird things and then the customer will discover there are settings for all sorts of irrelevant things you'd never think of. They're made in Alabama. Not a good showing 'Bama.
Roll trans.

· Registered
592 Posts
You know, if they just locked up car thieves, our Challengers would be safer, too. All cars for that matter.

· Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
5,640 Posts
It is a sad testament to the priority companies put on theft prevention. Dodge is guilty too as we all know.
As an Alabamian, OK, I'll eat some crow on the the cr*p build quality of the Hyundai's. But hey, they're Hyundai's! I doubt a line worker has much to do with design issues. And the people who do don't live in Bama'!

· Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
60,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a sad testament to the priority companies put on theft prevention. Dodge is guilty too as we all know.
As an Alabamian, OK, I'll eat some crow on the the cr*p build quality of the Hyundai's. But hey, they're Hyundai's! I doubt a line worker has much to do with design issues. And the people who do don't live in Bama'!
It is all your fault Rick. Lol

· Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Just yanking chains on the 'Bama comment. Just because some Union guys don't care much about what they're doing doesn't make the whole state's population bad. Some of the defects are engineering's fault but when you have weather strip hang loose and trim that doesn't align, that's workmanship. And where is QC in all this? This reminded me of back in the '80s when GM was getting a much deserved bad rep for quality. There was a "football star" I think it was Brian somebody, who in an interview admitted that when he worked in a GM factory he used to drop a loose bolt in panels before they were sealed up. He thought it was funny that customers would be pulling out their hair trying to find the rattle.
I found it....Bosworth quoted in 1986 as saying that at a summer job at GM's Oklahoma City plant, co-workers taught him how to insert the bolts in hard-to-reach places so they would rattle. He said "If you own a Celebrity or Century made in 1985 in Oklahoma City, that car is messed up if I had anything to do with it". In addition, he claimed that each bolt carried a note that said: "Aha! You found me!" and said, "I love the thought of people going absolutely crazy, saying "Where is that rattle coming from?"

· Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,373 Posts
I still want the Mercedes full double AA luxury class sedan........
For those who aren't aware, there is a nice video of it on You Tube..

Reactions: James72
1 - 19 of 19 Posts