Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Challenger Scat Pack 6 speed manual. This thing hops something terrible. I’m afraid of breaking something, so until I get this issue addressed, no more letting her rip.

Anyone have any suggestions? I’m not wanting to spend thousands. Hopefully it won’t cost near that much to fix this.

?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had the same problem on my 2016 Shaker R/T, installed BMR upper and lower trailing arms and upper control arms to the rear suspension as well as a rear cradle bushing lock out kit ( also BMR ).
I also installed a Per4ormance Development rear differential brace. No more wheel hop.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am trying to fix this issue with the above mentioned diff brace and Rear Tension Arms from Speedlogix
I can sit there and spin sometimes no problem, other times when the tires are warmer I think it hops like crazy. And like you I am afraid of braking something, I've had diff problems before from burnouts gone wrong (Ram 1500 with LSD & 4.56 gears).

I haven't done the Tension Arm install yet, soon tho

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am trying to fix this issue with the above mentioned diff brace and Rear Tension Arms from Speedlogix
I can sit there and spin sometimes no problem, other times when the tires are warmer I think it hops like crazy. And like you I am afraid of braking something, I've had diff problems before from burnouts gone wrong (Ram 1500 with LSD & 4.56 gears).

I haven't done the Tension Arm install yet, soon tho
Keep me posted on how this works out once you finish the install, please.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Some brands of tires are more prone to wheel hop, the Eagles F1 on my SRT8 were terrible. Pirelli Nero were not as bad but not quit the quality of the Conti i have put after them.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Polyurethane cradle bushings will fix wheel hop. I went with White Line. Drag radials will help.

·
Enjoying the ride !
1,153 Posts
Installed a per4mance diff brace that did help have the bmr lower trailing arms ready to install running a much wider tire now but i want to try & eliminate the wheel hop issue for good we will see .

·
Registered
4 Posts
I experienced a great deal of wheel hop at the track this fall...2015 RT, I just installed a 3.09 LSD along with 295/40R18 Nitto NT05 street tire, running maybe 25PSI, lots of wheel hop and chatter..Def looking for something to help with that, I take it Hop-Not isnt around anymore?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts