Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi a few pics of the strut tower brace I recently made, waiting on the decal and stainless end caps to complete the brace. Undecided weather to drill and fasten it to the firewall or not. Paint finish matches the mopar cold air intake perfectly, looks dull in pic as there was no lighting at time of pic.:smileup:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Nicely done! It looks professional. You must work in the field of fabrication to do such work. Reps to you!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Looking good! Kudos for DIY! :smileup:

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Good job !

·
Registered
949 Posts
Looks great! I'm always jealous of people that have such creative talent. Does the strut bar attach to the firewall in any way?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Looks good :rep:

Really dig that engine cover as well!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Homemade strut tower brace and engine cover

Thanks guys, currently the strut bar does not attach to the firewall, not sure if I want to drill it or not, I don't race the car but maybe if I don't feel a difference in the cars handling I will drill and fasten it to the firewall. It is made from 1/8" steel plate, 45 degree 1" steel fittings and 1" heavy wall steel pipe, 1 3/8" outside diameter. waiting on the decal and end caps for the strut tower brace, thinking of making a rear brace also.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Nice...looks just like the Mopar one.

I'd go ahead and tie it in to the chassis's firewall square tube. If you are going to install one, do it right.

:smileup:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,741 Posts
Great job, you could sell those. Reps coming your way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts