Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Homelink Garage Door Opener

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TRCM 
#1 ·
Does anyone know which, if any, of the wires in the connector at the bottom of the right side A-pillar are 12 volt or where is the nearest 12 volt source? As another member described the gray wire only carries 3 volts, which will not power the garage door opener, although that is the connection for the garage door opener module wiring harness. I have everything I need to install it OE, but as I've also read in the forum, that it will need a 12 volt connection to work. I haven't removed the A-pillar trim to check it yet, but I'd like to get a heads up. I have the OE wiring diagram, but it doesn't tell which wires are 12 volt, etc. (or maybe I'm not reading it correctly). The lamp connection works, so that's not an issue.
Thanks!

#2 ·
Be careful with that.....if someone steals your car, they have your home address from your registration as well as a way to get the garage door open......

Reactions: SFCR and RonB
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.