Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gold Rush T/A 392 50th Anniversary, 66 of 70
160 Posts
Weighted bags, 3M spray adhesive with spray straw or 3M rubber cement, and a popsicle stick or plastic trim tool? Spray inside the delam, weight it down to dry and push the dash cover back in before it dries.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
3,497 Posts
My Dash Repair ...

Before

Car Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

After searching on here and seen where others gave helpful advice on how to fix this.
I did the one method with the person saying to use DAP / Weldwood Contact Cement

Only difference I did was clean the area under the damage scuffed with 180 Grit 3m
Sand Paper and cleaned with Rubbing Alcohol and let dry for a few minutes.

Then I applied the Weldwood Contact Cement both on the prepped surface and under side of the
Dash Pad Damage area , used a wooden Fiskars Ruler some Black Plastic Spring Clamps
let sit for about 7 hours remove the Clamps and popped the Vent Assembly back in
and this is the Repair ...

After Repair and Drying later that evening like new and 2 days later as you can see all is well.

Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

This is why it pays to search the forums and read up and repairs like this are a breeze the prep was pretty fast and rest was waiting.
Can't stress enough why so many do not realize the valuable information that is found. :)

Now I would say that JB Weld Clear Epoxy would be better but use it sparingly and just a light amount and let it dry with windows cracked to get the
Fumes out but a better result did this on a Buddies Challenger with JB Weld.

Bill

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts