Dodge Challenger Forum banner

How do body shops repair small dents in the front bumper?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Wm. Internet Rock DJ 
#1 ·
(2018 challenger GT) I know that bondo isn’t an option for repair. I have a very small dent from slightly hitting the corner of a column. I’d like to get it filled and repainted, but it seems like it may be more complicated? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Dent in the plastic bumper?

If so it can be pushed out from the rear of the bumper meaning you have to remove it, and use a heat gun from the rear and push it out from the rear and heat from the rear, but you have to be very careful with a heat gun, if you get it too hot, you can distort the plastic and end up having to buy a new bumper.

Now if what I just told you sounds Greek to you, do what ^^^ Mr. Bill, suggested. Ry

#4 ·
The Fascia , Bumper Cushion has to come off then heat has to be used along with a Poly Filler its not a do it your self job.
I did over 25 years of Body and Paint best let a shop do it. While its a job when you reassemble the pieces and install
most mess up the alignment of the Fascia...

#6 ·
Any pictures?
Good luck on repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.