Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had done the aluminum ones on my 2009.

They came off easy for cleaning and held up well for 8 or so years and 100K plus miles.

But-
they did have some rattle.

‘’Anyone tried the gloss black MP concepts ones? I was hoping for less noise.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,984 Posts
I use to like Louvers but quickly began to dislike them on my vehicles block too much rear view and yes the Aluminum use to rattle.
The thing is how much did you like your Louvers from before other then material. It's more what makes the car right for you if your
not sure then that might be an good indication to hold off till you see some on other Challengers for your self and decide.

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,856 Posts
I use to like Louvers but quickly began to dislike them on my vehicles block too much rear view and yes the Aluminum use to rattle.
Mine don't rattle and dont really block much view. Guess thats on what louvers you buy and the angel of the blades.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
2,756 Posts
From the posts I have read, the metal ones rattle and the plastic ones sag and warp, especially in hot climes. I really like them but between that and having to deal with them at wash time I think I'll hold off.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
From the posts I have read, the metal ones rattle and the plastic ones sag and warp, especially in hot climes. I really like them but between that and having to deal with them at wash time I think I'll hold off.
I had the aluminum ones and had no rattling.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,856 Posts
I would assume all the ones mounted with tape rattle. Dales have weather striping around the whole louver. And you can adjust how tight or lose they are.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the MP Concepts matte black ones. They do not rattle, although I used Gorilla tape instead of the tape that came with it.

However, the lowest portion of the louver flexes when it gets hot out and can interfere with opening the trunk, no matter how it's installed, as evidenced in this photo.
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Vehicle

edit: I go through touchless car washes and the Gorilla tape is like an anchor. No concerns of it coming off.

·
Premium Member
2,768 Posts
Personal taste; I like mine. Once in awhile, I have to tighten the fasteners if they rattle. Biggest problem: cleaning the glass behind them. Cut the back of my fingers first time I tried it so I learned the hard way. Mine are plastic. Good luck!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,856 Posts
Car Hood Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts