Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2014 R/T for a couple weeks, it is a weekend car, 333 miles so far, my question is how do you behave?!

With the 91 tune, 20% throttle boost, 3.92 gears a 6 speed and a HEMI this things seems like it only wants to do one thing.......go straight and real fast!

I have a clean record after years of ticket collecting and I can foresee a potential problem. I cant stay out of the gas!

Reactions: MOPARMOM

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
It's near impossible to not run these cars WOT. I always drive spiritedly, but also with caution. Most of us here know those strip of roads in our towns where we can let'r rip. Entrance ramps are a blast and so is the track. Be careful though....all that power can go to your head!!!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
I try to keep my speed at the posted speed limit, I just get there a lot quicker than most folks! ;) And therein lies the rub - I can still get cited for exhibition of speed. WOT, engine revving, tire chirping can all fall under that citation category.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I drive mine hard. After the first 500 miles I never looked back. There is no pulling the #2 placebo fuse for me. Mine is going out today in 50's weather. It's going to love the cold air.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
I have had my 2014 R/T for a couple weeks, it is a weekend car, 333 miles so far, my question is how do you behave?!

With the 91 tune, 20% throttle boost, 3.92 gears a 6 speed and a HEMI this things seems like it only wants to do one thing.......go straight and real fast!

I have a clean record after years of ticket collecting and I can foresee a potential problem. I cant stay out of the gas!

backoff your throttle boost to say 15% :smileup:

Then add headers , flowmaster 10's and TB and custom tune :smileup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think..........I say I think I am about done modding, I do want the throttle body, not sure which one yet, probably 85MM BBK

This car is a beast, Nitto NT05's on order from Discount, they will put them on next week, then its off to the first trip to the Friday night drags at Atlanta Dragway

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
I think..........I say I think I am about done modding, I do want the throttle body, not sure which one yet, probably 85MM BBK

This car is a beast, Nitto NT05's on order from Discount, they will put them on next week, then its off to the first trip to the Friday night drags at Atlanta Dragway
Without exhaust you will be wasting your money on a throttle body R/T manifold are restrictive why try to add more air only to choke it off once it leaves ???

·
13,007 Posts
It can be real hard to use restraint with these cars but at the end of the day you have to really be careful, if you don't sooner or later your gonna pay the price.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kilo, I was reading up all I could find on throttle bodies, people seemed to conclude that may car wouldn't benefit a whole lot, just a couple HP and better throttle response. Don't need big throttle body, manifold will just negate the possibility of gains,
I deleted resonators and just have straight through 2014 stock mufflers. No other mods on exhaust side.

Might try and get Jettech's SRT shorty headers while his motor is being installed at Arrington

Dodgeboy, you know it, gotta behave, I've been sentenced to jail 3 times for speeding/racing related violations, dozens of tickets in multiple states............my will to resist HEMI power isn't good! I'm trying to keep things calm,

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Kilo, what does your car run?

jadaven, I am from Towson, born in NE Baltimore, around York and Belvedere..........boy you guys are having a winter, glad work took my sorry ass to Georgia, I've been driving all winter

·
Registered
430 Posts
Right now Mother Nature is keeping me in check. It was 6 degrees when I got to work this morning.

When I was out and about last Saturday I drove around with the car in "slap stick mode" and let the Flowmasters speak to the community.

My favorite moment was when sitting at a traffic light I could read the lips of the lady next to me. She said: "Oooh! That's pretty!"

That made my day.:smileup:

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
I always crawl off the line, do exactly the speed limit and never do anything I'm not supposed to do!

I also have fantastic ocean front property in Phoenix Arizona and a popular New york City bridge for sale.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,087 Posts
I always crawl off the line, do exactly the speed limit and never do anything I'm not supposed to do!

I also have fantastic ocean front property in Phoenix Arizona and a popular New york City bridge for sale.
Wow, that's amazing!! Me too!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm just about to hit 300 miles on mine and I took the wife out for dinner last night we took Artie (my r/t) and I tickled it a bit and the wife said you could give me a heads up so I can stiffen my back and neck before you punch it, I told her it was not even half way down on the pedal she said oh boy I can't wait to drive this beast. LOL

·
Registered
584 Posts
jadaven, I am from Towson, born in NE Baltimore, around York and Belvedere..........boy you guys are having a winter, glad work took my sorry ass to Georgia, I've been driving all winter
Georgia, man I would kill for some nice weather up here. Its a balmy 20 degrees out here right now. :smiledown: I drive mine most of the year but my truck has seen more time than the Challenger.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jadaven, when you get a minute you gotta tell me if you like that Hurst shifter or not. I am finding this stock one mighty mushy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I guess after that endorsement I am going to have to, I have some help with the install, shouldn't be a problem. I've never done anything but Chevy Muncies myself. I know I will be much happier with a hard positive shift!

Heck, I just ordered my Hurst shifter from Atlantic Speed $359!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.