Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... My brother brings me this art work and says this is how I look when I slip behind the wheel and start driving. So I figure I've gone all these months without an avatar, now people will easily recognize me when I show up at confab's, get-together's and such.

With apologies to Ed Roth.

-John

Attachments

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Good ol Big Daddy Ed Roth. I used to have a t-shirt and poster of some of his stuff when I was a kid.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,639 Posts
Really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
i like those crazy plum guys... seen some pretty neat and creative ones... wouldn't mind having one painted on the underside of the hood insulation...

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Great photo

Hey "The Old Guy". I bet you're not older than I.
Now, why don't you do some cut and paste and put that photo on your driver's license and just wait until you can show it to someone. I can imagine how tough it would be, not to laugh. hahaha.
Keep your posts coming. You crack me up.:hah:Yes, that's me.
Keep on CHALLENGING!

·
Registered
100 Posts
im at the opposite end of the spectrum here, i never heard of Ed Roth or the rat fink, when i asked my dad who\what it was he doped slapped me. ( pretty freaking hard at that)
old guy i love the avatar

·
12,989 Posts
I love that avatar!!

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
That brings back memories. Post made me smile.

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Artwork on the sail panel. Mnnn... Not much room but, if any of you remember the Hot Rod scene from the 60's & early 70's, I'm a fairly good artist with a airbrush. But how would it go over in this day and age. Would anyone "Get It?"
Too bad a lot of you people missed the greatest era in the history of this planet.

But I have a question because of the modern day finishes applied to our cars...

What could I put on the cars paint to make airbrush artwork come off if I decided I want something else or just change my mind?

-John

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hey "The Old Guy". I bet you're not older than I.
Now, why don't you do some cut and paste and put that photo on your driver's license and just wait until you can show it to someone. I can imagine how tough it would be, not to laugh. hahaha.
Keep your posts coming. You crack me up.:hah:Yes, that's me.
Keep on CHALLENGING!
I like the license idea! Officer may let you out of a ticket! LOL

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Artwork on the sail panel. Mnnn... Not much room but, if any of you remember the Hot Rod scene from the 60's & early 70's, I'm a fairly good artist with a airbrush. But how would it go over in this day and age. Would anyone "Get It?"
Too bad a lot of you people missed the greatest era in the history of this planet.

But I have a question because of the modern day finishes applied to our cars...

What could I put on the cars paint to make airbrush artwork come off if I decided I want something else or just change my mind?

-John
John, the only thingI know of is: If you were to use enamel sign paint in your air brush, you could get it off and not hurt the paint finish on your car with "Easy-Off" oven cleaner believe it or not. I only know that because the GMC dark blue work van I bought for my business was owned by a company that had a 2 foot oval logo on it as well as a bunch of words and phone numbers done in sign paint and I was told to use that stuff. I was very apprehensive at first but it came off fairly easy and my paint was perfect...no harm done at all.

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Easy Off" Oven cleaner? Almost a punch line to an inside joke. Would have never thought of that.

Well... soon as I get a nice day at least in the 60's, I'll hit it with my arsenal of colours.
The real trick is a mirror image on the other sail panel.

Thanks for the great info.

-John

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
"Easy Off" Oven cleaner? Almost a punch line to an inside joke. Would have never thought of that.

Well... soon as I get a nice day at least in the 60's, I'll hit it with my arsenal of colours.
The real trick is a mirror image on the other sail panel.

Thanks for the great info.

-John
Yeah John, what I did was spray it on (warm day of course), a small area at a time, let it sit until you start to see it emulsify, then hot soapy water and a mild bristle brush or rag and it comes right off. I would use good rubber gloves and a mask. cause that stuff is nasty. And I wouldn't use any other brand since other brands might contain different chemicals...Good luck and post some pics after your air brushing.....DAVE

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
John....to be sure I'll ask a good friend of mine who was at the Detroit Autorama along with other notable pin stripers and artists doing their thing. He's done work on my SRT under the hood.

If ya needs to know...PM me....I'll PM ya back with the info.

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
John....to be sure I'll ask a good friend of mine who was at the Detroit Autorama along with other notable pin stripers and artists doing their thing. He's done work on my SRT under the hood.

If ya needs to know...PM me....I'll PM ya back with the info.
Thanks! Will do. Now... If only this cold weather would leave.

-John

1 - 20 of 21 Posts