Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard 2 numbers.....1000 and 2000, does anybody know the number of Shakers they are making this year for 2014?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Like you I have heard that there will be either 1000 or 2000. My Shaker is number 0061. I guess if we start to see say 1001 then we will know that there must be more than 1000.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good afternoon,

I have Shaker #1083 so there's at least 1000....only have a few hundred miles on mine but really like the Shaker package....fun car!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome...I love my car too. I bought mine in late March and only have 850 miles on it. I love it so much I only drive it in the sunshine. The one I have is Purple with the 6spd.

The only thing I'm trying to get information on is the "alleged" 5.7 Scat Pack upgrades. I can find no one that actually bought a SCAT Pack yet. I can't find them at any Official Dodge Parts Department. The 5.7 SCAT Packs are not listed on the Official Dodge Website. The 5.7 SCAT Packs are not listed on the official MOPAR Accessory/Parts website.

This leads me to believe that there is something wrong or up with the 5.7 SCAT PACKS.

·
Registered
110 Posts
#842 checking in here Clear Black with Nav and sport suspension along with bunch of other upgrades also got the mopar catback exhaust and i have also been looking to do the stage 2 since i have everything thats in stage 1 for the scatpack hope someone can help us

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
I have read 2,000, there's a thread on it here somewhere I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
Here's the thread http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=100360 and here's the quote from Dodge CEO:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/qa-dodg...oit-auto-show/

Every car has a lifecycle and a sales decay curve, but the Challenger is defying that, increasing sales every year since its introduction five years ago. Last year, we sold more than 50,000 Challengers, its best year ever. The latest version we announced is the Shaker, and its entire 2000-unit run was sold out to dealers in four days.

·
Premium Member
12,526 Posts
#108 here took delivery last month. Plum Crazy with the auto...everyone is asking me why I did not hold out for the 15 but I like the numbered cars and the first year for the model. Ours has the 730N, Sunroof, three season Goodyears, suregrip, Sound group II, the only thing I wish I had is HID's has anyone done this swap?

·
Registered
110 Posts
#108 here took delivery last month. Plum Crazy with the auto...everyone is asking me why I did not hold out for the 15 but I like the numbered cars and the first year for the model. Ours has the 730N, Sunroof, three season Goodyears, suregrip, Sound group II, the only thing I wish I had is HID's has anyone done this swap?
I actually contacted my dealership and at first they said they couldn't do the swap so i called chrysler and it was told they could i had the parts manager call with the reference they had and sure enough they were able to order the HID however its a full headlight replacement get this price 958.00 a piece so i told them to give me a week. I am going to check aftermarket now because i can get the oracle entire set up for like 785.00 a piece and i get halo's like the 2015's will have so stay tuned either way i am going to buy one or the other.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine came with them, just happened to have it. I was just trying to get a silver car and took what was available(that I could afford).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine came with them, just happened to have it. I was just trying to get a silver car and took what was available(that I could afford).
yeah mine didn't and my pref 2013 R/T Classic had HID's but not sure why my Shaker came without but that is an insane amount 985.00 for each housing and kit geesh...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, they'll stick it to ya when they can!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am truly a GM guy, owning a 07 Yukon, 00 WS6 , 95 TA, I love the 5th gen, I wanted a Zl1,1LE, but that cheap plastic int. has me buying my first Dodge, I posted this because of my question, I have made my mind up SRT8 challenger for me.
1) what exactly is a shaker is it just a appearance pkg. is the shaker functional, is it a 392 , SRT8 472 HP. And a core is just a stripped SRT8...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am truly a GM guy, owning a 07 Yukon, 00 WS6 , 95 TA, I love the 5th gen, I wanted a Zl1,1LE, but that cheap plastic int. has me buying my first Dodge, I posted this because of my question, I have made my mind up SRT8 challenger for me.
1) what exactly is a shaker is it just a appearance pkg. is the shaker functional, is it a 392 , SRT8 472 HP. And a core is just a stripped SRT8...
The Shaker Package is a functional ram-air package with CAI that was only available from the factory on the 2014 R/T in limited production numbers of 2000 or less from what I understand. I don't know that it's been available other than aftermarket on the SRT 392...

I owned a 2011 SRT 392 and it was a great car, but I opted for the R/T Shaker due to the limited production numbers and the fact that it just looks great! Performance is very good, but it's not an SRT 392.....Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
In 2014 it was a package for the R/T 345. All these cars are numbered. In 2015 it will be an option code N96 available at extra cost on several V8 Models. The 2015 order guides are still not available so I have no idea what the option cost will be. in 2014 The Shaker was an entire model code above the Classic in cost. The entire package was $7000.00 but that was really only about $3000.00 above the cost of a Classic with the same or similar options. In 2015 cars with Shaker hoods will not have individual numbers on the dash.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,594 Posts
Saw a Header Orange shaker on i-10 tonight it had temp tags, that would be the second one I have seen the other was TORRED.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I've seen plenty of SHAKER Challengers running around here... Not that exclusive in a region FULL of Car-Guys/Women.

Just enjoy the RIDE...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts